Video choppy using Emby Theater

EliW

Having this issue that is driving me nuts.  Using Theater I get choppiness on video for both a screen that is not maximized and maximized.  However, choppiness goes away if 1: I move the mouse or 2: I pull up the stats screen.  That makes no sense to me.  

The file I am trying to watch is in 720p and my tv (that I use as my computer monitor) is 1080p.  My tv resolution is at 3840x2160, yet noticing on the stat file it is saying it's playing at 1280x720.  Yet I've always been able to play files that are in this format and never have an issue - but not using this app.

Honestly, I'm really frustrated with Emby to begin with.  Using theater is really the only way I can watch anything remotely on.  I can watch a file on the web browser, yet once that file is done, I have to completely shut Emby down and restart before I can watch another file.  If I don't and click on another video, the blasted thing will play in the background (can hear sound) but have NO way of watching any video.  Nothing shows up, just running sound in the background (but this is a whole other issue right now, I'm venting.)  

I've attached server logs, two screenshots showing what I am referring to with the mouse moved and the stats showing.  Also including a DxDiag text file of my computer set-up.  Thanks for any help that can be provided.  

Emby server log.txt

post-475281-0-38814900-1560731941_thumb.png

post-475281-0-83702900-1560733109_thumb.png

DxDiag.txt

I had done a search before I posted, but when scrolling through each of the posts, I found one mentioning the stuttering.  The above issue was using the Windows store app and once I downloaded the app from Emby the problem is solved.  I saw in the stats it mentioned Windows Media Player and thought that might be the issue - turns out that is exactly what it was.  My apologies for not searching better first before posting an issue.  

hstamas

Im not at my setup right now so I am not 100% sure where it lives but there is a setting under Playback I think where you can set your audio sync to "dropped frames" or "alter the audio" (guessing to the wording here. 

Try setting it to drop the frames as altering the audio messes up with surround sound a lot of times.

I was getting annoying stuttering on a really high end Intel NUC client and as soon as I did that all was perfectly smooth.