New Plugin - Philips Hue Mood Lighting

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Prydwyn,

BillOatman

I'm back now.  The plugin is in the catalog now under a different name.  There is a problem with how it installs, but @@chef will get that solved quickly.

It looks nice and works great!

Update: The install is corrected.

Edited by BillOatman

WilhelmStroker

I'm back now.  The plugin is in the catalog now under a different name.  There is a problem with how it installs, but @@chef will get that solved quickly.

It looks nice and works great!

Update: The install is corrected.

I just tried to install the new plugin and it looks like the file gets copied to the correct location but without the .dll extension. Had to rename it to dll and restart emby for it to show up.

I just tried to install the new plugin and it looks like the file gets copied to the correct location but without the .dll extension. Had to rename it to dll and restart emby for it to show up.

Yes there was a problem with the admin account, but it's has been fixed.

Thanks WilhelmStroker

BillOatman

There is another issue related to the start time that Chef is correcting.  We are working together now to get this finished up.

julianb
I just installed the new plugin you guys made: "Philips Hue" instead of the old "HueMoodLighting". I can connect to the brigde just fine, but none of my scenes is showing. So I can't do anything with it yet. Is there a solution for this problem?

I just installed the new plugin you guys made: "Philips Hue" instead of the old "HueMoodLighting". I can connect to the brigde just fine, but none of my scenes is showing. So I can't do anything with it yet. Is there a solution for this problem?

Did you remove the old plugin?

Can you post a log please.

Edited by chef

julianb

Did you remove the old plugin?

Can you post a log please.

Nope, I haven't removed the old plugin yet. I can uninstall it tomorrow and see if this helps. If not I can post log, not at the computer atm.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

julianb

And can you post what your scene names are as well @@julianb ?

My scene names are: LightsOn, LightsPause, LightsOff

Nope, I haven't removed the old plugin yet. I can uninstall it tomorrow and see if this helps. If not I can post log, not at the computer atm.

That is your problem. Remove the old plugin. Then restart the server.

BillOatman

Current version is working now thanks to @@chef..  You will have to restart Emby to get it to update.

And important safety note ... uninstall huemoodcontrol.

Edited by BillOatman

pir8radio

Current version is working now thanks to @@chef..  You will have to restart Emby to get it to update.

And important safety note ... uninstall huemoodcontrol.

If it is removed from the emby plugin store, does it auto un-install from servers?      

BillOatman

There is a problem with remote users triggering scenes being set which is being worked on.  

But if you use one emby client you should be fine.  The symptom is your lights will do unexpected things.

julianb

That is your problem. Remove the old plugin. Then restart the server.

Thanks, that was the problem! Works flawless now! :)

julianb
Btw, I would love to have an "End Credit" scene with the possibility to set the timer.

Like this: Choose a scene to execute when end credits start. Choose time to execute "end credits scene" (example: 10 minutes before the movie ends)

Btw, I would love to have an "End Credit" scene with the possibility to set the timer.

Like this: Choose a scene to execute when end credits start. Choose time to execute "end credits scene" (example: 10 minutes before the movie ends)

Are you sure you want the server processing that data behind the scenes? Monitoring when media is about to finish playing?

julianb

I don't know, do you think it will be a lot to process? I thought Emby already knew when a movie was ending? (Ends at 18:45). Can't it just calculate +/- that time? If it would make a lot of stress on the server then it won't be worth it

I don't know, do you think it will be a lot to process? I thought Emby already knew when a movie was ending? (Ends at 18:45). Can't it just calculate +/- that time? If it would make a lot of stress on the server then it won't be worth it

Emby will calculate the endtime, but we'd have to check every time the progress event is fired.

Maybe it wouldn't be very taxing.

We do currently check paused state right now.

But, checking state is a bit different then calculating a new condition each time the progress counter increments and pulling data from the config as well.

Unless we hold the variable when the media item starts playing and check against it in memory.but we would still be iterating a list every second or so.

It'll take a second or two to code.

WilhelmStroker

I've never really properly looked at the end time, but as far as I remember, once you stop a movie and then restart it, the end time is still calculated from the original length of the movie so I don't think that will be consistent.