New Plugin - Philips Hue Mood Lighting

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Prydwyn,

BillOatman

I have the same problem as you.

I tried setting this up with current beta server over last few beta releases and all i get is spinning circle when trying to save setup.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I'd report that in the beta forum so it can get addressed.  The plugin works fine with current stable release, and apparently it worked OK with the first few beta releases as well. 

maegibbons

I'd report that in the beta forum so it can get addressed. The plugin works fine with current stable release, and apparently it worked OK with the first few beta releases as well.

I don't think it works like that!

@@Luke will not debug your plugins for you. If you can find the error he will work with you to fix it if it is a server side issue.

Krs

Mark

BillOatman

I don't think it works like that!

@@Luke will not debug your plugins for you. If you can find the error he will work with you to fix it if it is a server side issue.

Krs

Mark

So you think it works in the release version, doesn't in a beta, it's the plugin that needs to be debugged? :)

maegibbons

So you think it works in the release version, doesn't in a beta, it's the plugin that needs to be debugged? :)

Yes.. the server API is changing all the time with some calls deprecated from version to version. You will have to release compatability updates from time to time.

Krs

Mark

BillOatman

@Luke  I don't run beta software, but this is the exception from the browser console that someone sent me.  Happens in the beta server but not in the stable release.  I don't have any javascript "promise" logic in the plugin anywhere. Is this known to be broken, or has something intentionally changed in the beta?

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.labelElement.htmlFor=this.id')

_connectedCallback (emby-input.js:1:1101)
    value (emby-input.js:1:1679)
    o (custom-elements-builtin.js:1:754)
    u (custom-elements-builtin.js:1:836)
    o (custom-elements-builtin.js:1:692)
    (anonyme Funktion) (custom-elements-builtin.js:1:1453)
[Log] Requesting url without automatic networking: http://192.168.178.7:8096/emby/Plugins/682B32EB-CD95-447A-AA5E-B3BD7E9F8615/Configuration (apiclient.js, line 1)
[Log] Requesting url without automatic networking: http://192.168.178.7:8096/emby/Devices?SupportsPersistentIdentifier=true (apiclient.js, line 1)
[Log] Requesting url without automatic networking: http://192.168.178.7:8096/emby/GetScenes?BridgeIP=192.168.178.66 (apiclient.js, line 1)
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: undefined is not a function (near '...})).selectmenu('refresh').trigger(...')
    (anonyme Funktion) (Skriptelement 2:88)
    promiseReactionJob
[Log] Requesting url without automatic networking: http://192.168.178.7:8096/emby/Plugins/682B32EB-CD95-447A-AA5E-B3BD7E9F8615/Configuration (apiclient.js, line 1)
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: $('#chkEnabled', page).checked is not a function. (In '$('#chkEnabled', page).checked(hueConfig.Enabled || false)', '$('#chkEnabled', page).checked' is undefined)
    (anonyme Funktion) (Skriptelement 2:135)
    promiseReactionJob

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 1

BillOatman

Bye bye jQuery

I'm sure there is a reason, but feels like a step backwards.

It served it's purpose long ago to mitigate differences across browsers. Today it is no longer needed.

julianb
Just wanted to thank you for the work on this plugin! I've been using it for some weeks now, and it works just perfect! It's easy and a much better solution then what I previously had with CinemaVision. 

I'm looking for a similar solution for SmartThings, so I can control my blinds etc when a movie starts playing

Btw, would be nice if there was a way to adjust the timer for the "credits" scene. I think it kicks in a little too slow for most movies.

Anyway, thank you again! You made my "Movie Theater" more complete :)

BillOatman

If you mean the transition time for the credits scene ... all transition times for scenes are configures in the scene itself on the bridge.

Or do you mean ow much time before the end of the movie the credits scene is triggered?

julianb

If you mean the transition time for the credits scene ... all transition times for scenes are configures in the scene itself on the bridge.

Or do you mean ow much time before the end of the movie the credits scene is triggered?

Sorry, yes I mean how much time it takes before it triggers the credits light scene at the end of the movie. Not transition time. 

Would be nice with an +/- offset button. I think it kicks in a little to slow, no big deal though :)

BillOatman

Sorry, yes I mean how much time it takes before it triggers the credits light scene at the end of the movie. Not transition time. 

Would be nice with an +/- offset button. I think it kicks in a little to slow, no big deal though :)

I'll try and add that when I have some time.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, since I've updated Emby to 4.3.0.30 the settings page is not working, same spinning circle when trying to select device as mentioned from maegibbons  & tmb4016  

BillOatman

Hi.  I have enlisted the help of the mighty @@chef to get this figured out.  I suck at that javascript stuff :)

Hopefully I'll have a release within a few days :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had this working, then when I tried to change a scene I got the spinner. So I foolishly uninstalled and deleted the .xml and now I can't get it to work again, I can connect to the Hue bridgebut cannot set a scene. Can someone please share with me an .xml template so I can get it working again

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio

Was there any kid of fix, for the issue when i pause a movie...  a few mins later hue thinks i hit stop, brings lights to "stop" position, then when i un-pause, lights stay at stop position..   To fix I have to stop movie and re-play. 

chef

Was there any kid of fix, for the issue when i pause a movie... a few mins later hue thinks i hit stop, brings lights to "stop" position, then when i un-pause, lights stay at stop position.. To fix I have to stop movie and re-play.

Sorry, this is my fault, I've had to start a new source code for the project and I finally have a second to help.

Edited by chef

• 2 weeks later...