New Plugin - Philips Hue Mood Lighting

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Prydwyn,

Ultimately we'd have to add something to our IHttpClient interface in order to allow you the plugin to override for just one cert. I'm not sure when i can get to that though so you might want to look into workarounds for now.

pir8radio

Ultimately we'd have to add something to our IHttpClient interface in order to allow you the plugin to override for just one cert. I'm not sure when i can get to that though so you might want to look into workarounds for now.

Yea, seems dumb to do it for one rare instance anyway, was just hoping you knew something off the top of your head that would allow .net client to skip the check on the emby server side (not clients-app store) but i guess i can just run it through my proxy first, its just messy, and only helps me not anyone else wanting a secure connection to the hue. 

Edited by pir8radio

• 3 weeks later...
jhoff80

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but if I pause on Android TV for too long, it'll automatically switch to the "stop" mode.  Then when I resume, the lights don't change at all.

hstamas

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but if I pause on Android TV for too long, it'll automatically switch to the "stop" mode.  Then when I resume, the lights don't change at all.

I can test but how long is "too long"? Im not seeing this with pausing up to a couple minutes on an Nvidia Shield.

Pog22

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but if I pause on Android TV for too long, it'll automatically switch to the "stop" mode. Then when I resume, the lights don't change at all.

Yeah I'm seeing the same

BillOatman

@@Pog22  @@jhoff80  I am actually seeing that too with my windows Emby server.  And it's not a very long pause required either. What server are you using?

But @@hstamas tried it with a Mac server and does not see this as he said above.

I was going to investigate when I have some time (I was actually hoping I had messed up my scenes somehow ;) ), but it would be a help if you could turn on debug logging and doing this, then send me the log.

@@Luke Do you know of any issues with or changes in how the sessionmanager playback events are sent to plugins in the latest release?

It's like we get the pause (PlaybackProgressEventArgs IsPaused), then shortly after that a stop event.  But I won't know for sure until I look at logs.

Happens with server core 4.1.0.26 as well as 4.2.0.??  (I see you released 40 on 7/25, not sure if I tried that or the one before it, I'll check later and retest with the latest as well).

Edited by BillOatman

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not reading the complete thread but in the plugin it is specified: "Device Configuration (everything below is device specific)". Does this mean i cannot use this plugin on my android tv?

Apparently at first it was only showing the browser. Now also the tv :D

Edited by lowfi

Sorry for not reading the complete thread but in the plugin it is specified: "Device Configuration (everything below is device specific)". Does this mean i cannot use this plugin on my android tv?

You can. Install it on your Emby server and configure it for your device

You can. Install it on your Emby server and configure it for your device

I saw that. Right now after stopping the movie i would like it to go to the last used scene prior to starting the movie. Is this possible as well?

I saw that. Right now after stopping the movie i would like it to go to the last used scene prior to starting the movie. Is this possible as well?

No, you can set a scene though

Edited by Pog22

No

I would like to put a vote on that :P :P

Also a (specified) fade when starting the movie.

Edited by lowfi

BillOatman

The fade you can control now.  The API does not allow me to set the fade time.  You need to set the fade (they call it transition time) on the scene itself using whatever tool you use to create your scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
psybertech

Great plugin!!! Love it so far!

I'd also love a way to access it over WAN since my network won't allow a direct connection to the API from my server (separate subnet) without me having a second NIC (which works fine). But I'd love to just be able to control the lights over WAN like the native Hue app. But that is lower on my list than this request that follows....

I know this request is probably not doable...

I love how the plugin can be configured per device. Awesome!!

But, I'd love a way for any user, not an admin, to either:

1) enable/disable the plugin from the main UI of whatever they are on (or at least the web UI)

2) configure the device they are on without admin rights

But it would rock!!! if we could turn it on/off on the fly easily or change basic settings with a few clicks on the main interface. Again, even just setting a user's setting for each of their devices on the web UI would be fantastic.

I don't mind setting a config/mapping per user/device or whatever of course.

I know.. its a pipe dream here.

Just throwing it out there.

Thanks again!

Love it!

j

Edited by psybertech

BillOatman

@psybertech  Thanks and you are welcome :)

Code is in there to use HTTPS, but I know the user trying to get that to work securely over a WAN ran into trouble with the cert on the Hue bridge.

By "the main interface" do you mean from the  Emby Client UI and not from the plugins section of the manager server page?  If so, I believe that would require work on Emby, not the plugin.  You could ask for the ability to configure plugins from the client UI in Feature Requests in this forum and see what happens :)

Enjoy!

Edited by BillOatman

psybertech

@@BillOatman

Unfortunately I can't change my network configuration as it setup in such a way where I can't forward anything directly to the Hue client. It is being handled by a secondary router that I have no way to build a routing table from the incoming modem/router to the ip behind the second subnetted router. I'd have to buy a much better modem/router and that isn't an option at this time due to my ISP.

I am pretty sure I could get it to work if it was directly connected to the main router's network.

I am not sure how the routing works with the native Philips app, but there is some UPNP voodo going on that I never bothered to investigate since it just works for the app and I rarely even use the app anyway.

And as far as the config or toggling of the plugin for all users...

Yes, from the main Emby Client UI. And yeah, I knew it would take the team to work on how to wedge this type of functionality in. :(

Do you have any plans to maybe create a scheduled task feature that could turn the plugin on at a time and another task to turn it off at a time?

A global on/off would work, but maybe a task pair for each device a user could configure?  :unsure:

If a pair of tasks existed, I could at least build my own one click toggle to turn the plugin on/off without clicking through the menus. Calling a scheduled task is simple via the Emby API and I already have call a bunch with my own little tool.

I toggle the Hue plugin on and off a lot depending on a bunch of things, so that would be a cool thing... well, for me that is.   B)  :D

Anyway... thanks again!

Very cool!

J

BillOatman

Not sure a scheduled task would work either for what you want to do.  I have the nighttime option and movies only  to stop unwanted light actions.  I think you are currently out of luck for the others, sorry.

psybertech

@@BillOatman

No worries.

The way I use it for me is probably not standard use case.

During the week, during work hours, I run TV all day on Emby in the background while I work. I don't want to play with lights during that time.

After hours, depending on mood, I will watch TV and may or may not want  lights to toggle at all, regardless of time of day and/or what's going on. 

Weekends, its mostly movies with some TV, especially if I am going to binge watch, I may or may not want the lights to change. The sunset feature is used mainly on late on weekends for me since when the sun goes down, then it is fun with lights and booze time. :)

If I set the plugin to just movies, then I have to set it movies only when I am in the mood for no lights for TV (GOT, TWD, other shows I want to immerse into ,or due to an odd viewing angle and a rogue light on a dark TV show).

So I am playing with the on/off and movie only setting quite a lot.

If I were to be able to just to set the plugin's setting to be enabled for everything in the settings and then have a global on/off toggle in a scheduled task or other one-click option, then it would be so much simpler and quicker to control.

That's why my head went for a scheduled task since I know I could toggle the on/off it in no more than 2 clicks via an API call.

Again, I'm not the average user use case for sure. :rolleyes:

Anyway....

Still love it and will continue to use it!!!!!  :)

So thank you very much!

FYI... you need a "buy me a beer" link. I'd click it.  B)

J

psybertech

FYI...

I was on Emby BETA 4.3.0.2 and all was well.

I upgraded to 4.3.0.7 and the plugin stopped working with no errors.

If I went tot he plugin config, all I would get when changing devices was a constant spinning image.

Attached are parts of the log that shows any hue search results... no problems detected. (just the log start and references to the plugin shown...)

I reverted to 4.3.0.2 and all is well again.

Just an FYI... not sure what was going on here.

J

_emby hue lightig plugin 4.3.0.7BETA_error.log

Edited by psybertech

BillOatman

@psybertech   Looks like the server is giving back a redirect response for some reason?  

2019-09-06 15:09:26.822 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.11:8096/web/configurationpage?name=HueMoodLighting&v=4.3.0.7&r=0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36
2019-09-06 15:09:26.825 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 304 to 192.168.0.151. Time: 4ms. http://192.168.0.11:8096/web/configurationpage?name=HueMoodLighting&v=4.3.0.7&r=0

Would seem to be a server issue.  I don't run beta's, sorry.
I planned on doing a release with the most up to date Emby library today or tomorrow after I make sure it works.  Maybe that will fix it.  I'll let you know when I make the update.
Edited by BillOatman

psybertech

@@BillOatman

I reverted back to 4.3.0.2 Beta and it works fine, so I'll keep that version handy to revert back to when I try another Beta later on. 

I don't install each one, I usually wait 4 or 5 Betas before upgrading unless there is something I really want to see in the latest.

But being able to roll back is fine for now.

Anyway... 

J

psybertech

Installed and tested on 4.3.0.2 - works.

Installed and tested on 4.3.0.7 - works.

Thanks!!!

I see a new setting for setting a scene for the credits... how does that work?

cool and thanks again!

J

BillOatman

Huh the new lib did it huh, great news.

Credits scene is what gets set when there are 2 minutes left in the movie.  Theory is ramp up your light over two minutes to near the Stopped scene.

• Like 1

psybertech

I guess the new lib did, so that's awesome!

I'll play around with the credits next weekend when its movie time. I'll have to create a new cool scene to take advantage of it!  :)

Thanks again!

• Like 1