New Plugin - Philips Hue Mood Lighting

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Prydwyn,

hstamas

Yup, can confirm this! The icons now working correctly, but the end credits does not trigger. 

Icons still not working properly in Safari.

Screenshot attached.

Again, this is not a problem for me personally, just pointing it out in case you want to fix it overall.

post-45887-0-29309000-1580140048_thumb.png

Edited by hstamas

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 10.45.05 AM.png

Icons still not working properly in Safari.

Screenshot attached.

Again, this is not a problem for me personally, just pointing it out in case you want to fix it overall.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 10.45.05 AM.png

@@BillOatman are we using a max-height var when we build the profile listItems that is causing is weird icon thing?

Edit: found it! In the profile listItem HTML function it's written as max-width 2em. But it should also say max-height 2em as well.

I'll fix it for a release when you are ready to push the credit event release.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

BillOatman

Everything should be working now I believe.  Please let us know if it is not the case.

• Like 2

Everything should be working now I believe. Please let us know if it is not the case.

Great work Bill!

• 4 weeks later...

@@BillOatman

Thanks so much for this plugin, it works very well!

Only issue I have:

My Chromecast doesn't show up under network devices. Any idea why this may be?

Hi!

If you select 'Devices' in the dashboard, is your Chromecast listed?

Edited by chef

zackidack

Hi!

If you select 'Devices' in the dashboard, is your Chromecast listed?

No it's not. Just my iphone that I start the chromecast from.

However I have previously tried to set up the Hue plugin for my iphone, and it only worked when watching on the device, not casting.

No it's not. Just my iphone that I start the chromecast from.

However I have previously tried to set up the Hue plugin for my iphone, and it only worked when watching on the device, not casting.

I might be wrong, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Chromecast (due to it being a device you cast to, and not a device with a frontend) will not work with the hue plugin. That may change in the future.

We load all the devices from the list of registered devices in Emby. Chromecast must not register itself as a device the same way a fire stick, or Xbox would.

Edited by chef

zackidack

I might be wrong, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Chromecast (due to it being a device you cast to, and not a device with a frontend) will not work with the hue plugin. That may change in the future.

We load all the devices from the list of registered devices in Emby. Chromecast must not register itself as a device the same way a fire stick, or Xbox would.

Ahh no dramas!

Thanks for letting me know.

BillOatman

Chromecast has no inputs of it's own.  It basically is a display extension of, in your case, your iPhone as chef suggested. I suspect if you setup your iPhone in the Hue plugin it would work. 

However if you ever watched on your phone and not at home, people might wonder why the lights were changing ;)

Edited by BillOatman

zackidack

Chromecast has no inputs of it's own.  It basically is a display extension of, in your case, your iPhone as chef suggested. I suspect if you setup your iPhone in the Hue plugin it would work. 

However if you ever watched on your phone and not at home, people might wonder why the lights were changing ;)

The interesting thing is that it stops working as soon as chromecast.

Also while Chromecast doesn't show up as seperate device in "Devices", it does show up separately under "Active Devices" on the dashboard.

BillOatman

@  So the hue plugin works while you are watching on your iphone, but as soon as you cast to the chromecast the hue plugin stops controlling the lights?

If you do that, then send the log maybe @@chef and I can figure something out.

@@Luke Is there some "funny business" that goes on behind the scenes with Chromecast regarding Emby Devices?  Won't know until we see the logs, but it seems like the plugin is getting playback events identified as a Chromecast, not the device that is casting to it (in this case a iPhone).  

Edited by BillOatman

zackidack

@  So the hue plugin works while you are watching on your iphone, but as soon as you cast to the chromecast the hue plugin stops controlling the lights?

If you do that, then send the log maybe @@chef and I can figure something out.

@@Luke Is there some "funny business" that goes on behind the scenes with Chromecast regarding Emby Devices?  Won't know until we see the logs, but it seems like the plugin is getting playback events identified as a Chromecast, not the device that is casting to it (in this case a iPhone).  

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I can do that, but which logs should I be sending? Sorry I'm newish to emby.

BillOatman

If you go to the dashboard get the server log.  And make note in your post here the time you tried it.

• 1 month later...
maegibbons

Hi

So I have tried to configure the Hue plugin several times. And always given up!

Today I tried again with the same result - spinning circle when trying to save settings,

Herewith a complete log from server start to spinning - TWICE

I would love to get this going!

Krs

Mark

embyserver.txt

chef

Can you do me a favour?

Open the settings dialog again, set your settings but have developer tools open and tell me the error that happens in the browser console?

It's a UI thing and I cant duplicate the spinning circle.

I have a feeling I know the bug, but I need to know which input box is throwing the error.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Forget the above bollocks (mine).

Looks like I was using a pre-release from Bill.

I have just installed from catalog

Will let you know how I get on

After dinner!

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

maegibbons

Hi @@chef

So got it going very easily.

However,  If I pause a movie the action tiggers to bring up the lights but when I un-pause it does not dim them again i.e. it does NOT run the start profile again.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hi @@chef

So got it going very easily.

However,  If I pause a movie the action tiggers to bring up the lights but when I un-pause it does not dim them again i.e. it does NOT run the start profile again.

Krs

Mark

Hold on.

There is an un pause acation which I cannot see because it is off screen!!

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

maegibbons

Ok

There is some weird scrolling going on with the "save" plastered all over it.

Let me play more

Krs

Mark 

maegibbons

Can you scroll to it or is it hidden by the size of the dialog?

Well the scroll bar sort of goes under the save dialog.

If I grab the bar underneath the save dialog I can get to it.

Personally, I think it would be best to have the save button at the end of all the options and on the same page so it scolls as well.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1