Media Browser Trailers

dzoulias

dzoulias

Hello all.

I know that the new trailer plugin only streams.

My problem is that from within media center, all trailers stutter at the same rhythm 3 frames per second or something.

When I input the trailer url to my browser (same pc), the trailer streams fine.

I took a chance and restored the image of my previous MB2 configuration, deleted the trailers and started streaming them. It went fine.

I repeat that I deleted the trailer cache in MB2.

So...it is not my connection.

I changed no codecs.

Only change is that I installed MB3 (forced to...themes did not work and I became a supporter for the discount).

Could you please help me?

Or at least show me how to configure an external player for these?

Thanks in advance!

dzoulias

No answer yet? In the meantime I have been looking at my codecs but on the same pc, the HDD image with MB3 has stuttering trailers (only from within WMC) while when using the MB2 HDD image and when streaming only (new trailers, not cashed ones) everything is fine.

Latchmor

No answer yet?

Don't worry, someone (who has more knowledge than me) will reply. There's 100's of posts everyday here they have to deal with.

Cheers

;)

MB 2 doesn't actually direct stream the trailers.  It still downloads them on first access.

I'm not sure exactly what the difference could be though.  Have you tried playing them in the web client on the same machine?

What codecs do you have installed for use with WMC?

I suggest nothing but LAV.

• 2 weeks later...
dzoulias

Apologies it took too long to answer. I had an operation and was not able to sit in front of my PC or do anything else anyway..

I use shark's codecs with the default settings.

Anyway, why would it be a codec matter? With the same codecs but with MB2 it worked fine. When I restore the HDD image I have that has MB2 it works fine. No codecs have changed.

Any other advice please?

And if I take the plunge...what is LAV? Settings? Any info on what to do? How do I configure it for MB trailers?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dzoulias