#21 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 AM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

@ebr i'm seeing something similar in movies by letter...   It looks like your #-Z function allows special characters?   I have one movie messing this up,  AEON FLUX  no matter what letter i select it jumps to aeon flux   see images of allowed special char in #-Z  and character used in the movie AEON FLUX.  Notice what comes after "Z"    :)

Changing the "Sort Title" to Aeon Flux fixed this issue for me.     @davidtjudd

try typing in "The Terminator" for sort tile under metadata for that movie, i bet there is some weird character before the in the title.

Attached Files

Edited by pir8radio, 19 June 2019 - 10:44 PM.

#22 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4611 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

@ebr i'm seeing something similar in movies by letter...   It looks like your #-Z function allows special characters?   I have one movie messing this up,  AEON FLUX  no matter what letter i select it jumps to aeon flux   see images of allowed special char in #-Z  and character used in the movie AEON FLUX.  Notice what comes after "Z"    :)

Changing the "Sort Title" to Aeon Flux fixed this issue for me.

That isn't exactly the problem..

uUbApJS.jpg

Showing Roku above but you can see it is now not placed at the end in the server reply. The sever "used to" put this at the end after Z like implied. Now it will mix this in with the normal letters. I fixed this is the Roku client because I saw this happening. Eric must not know this is happening. @ebr Copy the logic from the Roku code and it will work.

Edited by speechles, 19 June 2019 - 10:48 PM.

#23 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 AM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

That isn't exactly the problem..

Showing Roku above but you can see it is now not placed at the end in the server reply. The sever "used to" put this at the end after Z like implied. Now it will mix this in with the normal letters. I fixed this is the Roku client because I saw this happening. Eric must not know this is happening. @ebr Copy the logic from the Roku code and it will work.

But changing "sort title" to aeon flux totally got rid of the special character in the #-Z and fixed the jump issue on my FireTv's.  

Dunno... But worked for me so i'm happy lol.

Attached Files

#24 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4611 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:03 PM

But changing "sort title" to aeon flux totally got rid of the special character in the #-Z and fixed the jump issue on my FireTv's.  

Dunno... But worked for me so i'm happy lol.

But anyone else with (ae)on flux won't have it work right. You shouldn't need to change the sort title. That is what I am trying to tell you.. lol

The method to jump on the Roku has code to work with these special characters and not confuse them with the normal alphabet even when embedded within the normal alphabet. I don't think this was copied into the other apps. This is required since the special characters are now mixed within the normal alphabet when sorted.

Edited by speechles, 19 June 2019 - 11:05 PM.

#25 davidtjudd OFFLINE  

davidtjudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

@ebr I just wanted to confirm that my sorting issue was indeed related to the server bug you mentioned. Going back through movies that were giving strange jump results and re-saving metadata fixed the issue. All of these "issue" movies were created during the time of that beta server build.

@pir8radio I had already corrected the terminator a bit back by re-saving metadata. I didn't look at the db directly but through the web interface none of the items that exhibited the bug had anything for sort title. It was blank.

The issue @speechles and @pir8radio are seeing with aeon flux probably needs to be looked at though. Sounds almost like anything with non-ansi flakes it out.

Edited by davidtjudd, 20 June 2019 - 08:32 AM.

#26 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45280 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

We have identified an issue on the server where the prefixes are not sorted the same as the results.  Once that is addressed, we can revisit this and see if there is still an issue.

Thanks.

#27 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

My issue is resolved with today's update. I knew there was something done to that last Android update that caused this issue.

#28 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45280 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

My issue is resolved with today's update. I knew there was something done to that last Android update that caused this issue.

That is some sort of coincidence as this logic hasn't been touched - but I'm glad it is working for you now.

#29 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

Maybe a corrupted update on three boxes, idk. That's what happens sometimes with 'beta's'

The other thing that happened with the previous 'bad' update is all the images defaulted to large in the libraries which is how 'auto' was set. Had to manually set them all to medium.

Everything seems good now.

#30 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Local time: 03:23 PM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

@ebr - In Beta 4.2.0.19 - the Alphabet picker appears to be broken for Films/Movies on the FireTV (and possibly Android TV I guess).  It works ok for TV Shows.

All other clients - Web, Android Mobile, Samsung TV etc all work fine.

Fresh Log file attached showing example of me trying to select a few letters from Films/Movies, but it just jumps to A each time.  Then try using TV Shows, and it works fine.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#31 davidtjudd OFFLINE  

davidtjudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:07 PM   Best Answer

@rbjtech check out this thread. For the movie it is always jumping to in "A" try editing the metadata on it and saving without actually making any changes. There was a bug in one of the beta versions of the server that created records that made my FireTV clients act just like you describe. The bug is fixed but you need to clean up records created during it.

• rbjtech likes this

#32 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Thanks David - That pointed me to the issue - My issue was actually the film 'Aeon Flux' - in the metadata - the name used a special character where A and E were combined - Æ (known as an 'ash' in Latin apparently), which i guess the new beta/Android TV didn't like.  By replacing with a normal A and E into the metadata editor, the alphabet picker now works fine on the FireTV.    :)

Edited by rbjtech, 24 June 2019 - 01:34 PM.

#33 mickle026 OFFLINE  

mickle026

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

Yes Aeon Flux Æ causes it in my movie library, but ...

I have not found what the issue is in my music library but its got to be a similar thing.  I'm thinking it might be an Artist name such as Björk, Emeli Sandé, múm or Beyoncé or even a Japanese character causing it.  However I have not found it yet :(, could even be an album title couldn't it ....

Edited by mickle026, 24 June 2019 - 02:32 PM.

#34 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Yes Aeon Flux Æ causes it in my movie library, but ...

I have not found what the issue is in my music library but its got to be a similar thing.  I'm thinking it might be an Artist name such as Björk, Emeli Sandé, múm or Beyoncé or even a Japanese character causing it.  However I have not found it yet :(, could even be an album title couldn't it ....

.. so for me the search stopped on the culprit - allowing me to quickly go and check the metadata.  I don't use Emby for music but presume it behaves in the same way ?

#35 mickle026 OFFLINE  

mickle026

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

.. so for me the search stopped on the culprit - allowing me to quickly go and check the metadata.  I don't use Emby for music but presume it behaves in the same way ?

Sure but not as easy to find I don't think,

Movies generally have the their folder names or scraped  in the metadata , but in Music Artists have Multiple sub folders with Albums, each with their own metadata files.  (I save them to the folders)

I don't have any non-uk alphabet characters in the selection bar.

Movie select works

Artist select works

Album select doesn't work

So I guess somewhere i have a character not recognised as normal or unicode.. 

I do know I have some unrecognised chars in some like :

Beyonc� or Beyoncé for Beyoncé  - This data comes from MusicBrainz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users