I need help with password

citi
Go to solution Solved by jex01,

hello, wondering if anyone could help me, about password. when I'm open emby app on my nvidia shield asking me my own password, before I open my own sever, I do using hard wired connection, with win10 pc for server, everything is working fine. but would like to remove the password which is pretty annoying. each time to type the password in..

Edited by citi

Hi there, have you gone into the settings for the Shield app where you can customize this behavior?

Hi.  Please go to the last row on the home screen and select the Settings tile.  Then let us know if you cannot find it.

Thanks.

(although, this is curious because the default for the app on install is to remember last user...)

I did made new server from scratch, because my windows did update, and blocked my all incoming and out, traffic in the firewall, so when I realized I did new server already, so on from now ask me stupid password each time.could you explain little bit more detail what I have to do in the settings on my Nvida shield or windows settings, or emby settings which one ?

Please explain exactly how you are logging in on the Shield.  This is starting to sound like maybe it is trying to connect to the old server and failing so then asking you to login at which point you pick the proper server.

If that is the case, you should be able to go into the app settings (as I explained above) and change the login option to "show login screen" and then go right back into that option and change it to either "Remember user" or "Login to this user" - whichever you want - and it should then remember your new server.

It does not remember my previously username it's weird, the entire app is confusing guys, it shouldn't be happened. I cannot use my previously username and password! I don't know why but only this Emby app give me headache everything is working fine.

Hi.  Can you please do this?

Please explain exactly how you are logging in on the Shield. 

• Solution

My windows updated day before, and firewall blocked my incoming and outgoing connections... I don't know why. But after updated was messed up everything. Stupid win. Anyway this is the solution.

• Like 1