• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 PM

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

Can you describe what you mean by that? Thanks.

I have to folders for tv series. 2 different drive. It has always showed as 1 group. After downgrading, it is showing 1 drive correctly but the second drive is a separate folder within the group. And they are all marked unplayed now.

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131281 posts
  • Local time: 05:19 PM

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

I have to folders for tv series. 2 different drive. It has always showed as 1 group. After downgrading, it is showing 1 drive correctly but the second drive is a separate folder within the group. And they are all marked unplayed now.

Downgrading is generally not considered a safe operation. There are database changes in the newer version that the older version might not be able to handle. I would go back up to the beta and we'll work with you to resolve your Emc problem.

#23 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

Downgrading is generally not considered a safe operation. There are database changes in the newer version that the older version might not be able to handle. I would go back up to the beta and we'll work with you to resolve your Emc problem.

OK so back to the issue. I downgraded and it scrolls like butter. When it errors i am still in the "A's" of movies. When I skip forward with the skip button on the remote, I get about 5 clicks till it stops.

Last thing I do use a collection plugin for EMC that combines movies into collections. Not sure if that was not tested with the new beta. Just a thought.

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131281 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

collection plugin for EMC

What plugin is that?

#25 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

What plugin is that?

Funny you should say that. Can't find the specific one I used in the plugin list anymore.

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131281 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

Funny you should say that. Can't find the specific one I used in the plugin list anymore.

If you're talking about a server plugin, it's probably failing to load due to rolling back the server.

#27 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

What plugin is that?

It might be auto box sets but it basically created a collections entry in my library settings. I can delete them and test if it makes any difference.

it basically created an xml file to assoicate the collections. The collections are listed and are working. But I was thinking it might be why my movie list in emc is freezing.

Edited by jboydude, 02 July 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#28 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:16 PM

Deleted my TV series library entry and my collections, upgraded back to sever beta, deleted library.db, rebuilt my library. Now my library structure is fine. Tried scrolling without the collections no issue. Something about my collections is eroding when loading the list?

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131281 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:00 PM

So are you saying everything is fine now?

#30 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

So are you saying everything is fine now?

I even put back on the auto box sets. A this point it could have been a library problem that started with the update. Downgrading and re-updating required me to delete the library file and now things that have been watched are unwatched. Such a shame I had to do the extreme to fix it myself.

#31 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131281 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users