Very New to Emby

mac1959

mac1959

Hello Guys.

I am very new to Emby however not new to streaming. I am wanting to build myself a server where I can record programs to watch later. Is there a tutorial on how to set up the roku to where I can record from hulu? Hulu is my live tv source.

Any help would be greatlty appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael 

ProperlyFormattedDataFile

Emby is for recording traditional broadcast TV or cable (with various restrictions), you can't use it to record Hulu or other streaming services.  If you want DVR for Hulu's Live TV offering, you need to subscribe to Hulu's DVR.

Spaceboy

You could look into play on. They seem to allow for recording from Hulu. No idea how well it works though. There is an emby play on plugin

mac1959

Thanks guys for the answers I appreciate it. I was hoping not having to spend more money. PlayOn actually is working for me it does allow you to record hulu.

I appreciate it.

Edited by mac1959

Sammy

You could look into play on. They seem to allow for recording from Hulu. No idea how well it works though. There is an emby play on plugin

Does it record LiveTV from Hulu too?

How to get epg data to PlayOn?

BTW the PlayOn plugin in Emby is quirky at best.

Once recorded in PlayOn it can be played back in Emby but PlayOn uses 720p mp4 in stereo.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

mac1959

Does it record LiveTV from Hulu too?

How to get epg data to PlayOn?

BTW the PlayOn plugin in Emby is quirky at best.

Once recorded in PlayOn it can be played back in Emby but PlayOn uses 720p mp4 in stereo.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Yes sir it does I recorded snapped this morning a 57 minute program from Oxygen on hulu.

I just installed playon desktop and paid the 29.99 it asked for, I can stream to my Roku Devices and I can record anything on hulu. I will test Live tonight but the show I recorded this morning I am pretty sure it was live.

I use PlayOn to record and Emby server to distribute to my network via my smart tvs

Edited by mac1959
  • Like 2

sthomaskadavil@gmail.com

I’m trying my to sign into my Emby account through Roku but after I put in my user and password along with my pin it takes me to the same page as before. How do I get to my home page?

Edited by sthomaskadavil@gmail.com

I’m trying my to sign into my Emby account through Roku but after I put in my user and password along with my pin it takes me to the same page as before. How do I get to my home page?

Hi there, have you setup your own Emby Server?