Stream jumps back again and again

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello Com

now i have my live tv working, but when i watch a channel, after 30 seconds or so he jumped backwards for some seconds and play's it again, then after the position he jumped back i can look some seconds forword, then he jumped back again. For example when i use timeshift and rewind 15 seconds watch 30 seconds, rewind 15 seconds, watch 30 seconds and so on.

I have tried some channels, on another live tv software the channels run fine. What can i do or what is the problem for this ?

Here my log, i hope there is something in to explain this ? Log (2).txt

Greet's

EDIT:: I try'ed it over the web browser (Dashboard) and with the Emby Theater App on Win 10, on both i have that problem.

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

mark-in-dallas

I had virtually the same problem, and it was happening on any channel I attempted to watch, then I realized that Emby was recording on one channel while I was trying to watch another at the same time, but I only had one connection with the IPTV provider.  When I stopped the recording the problem went away.

I don't know if the issue you are having could be for the same reason, but figured it couldn't hurt to pass along the info.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

Kodi_Newcomer

No, there are no recordings running. Only thing i do is tune a channel, nothing more. 

So no issue like this known ?

I test it everyday, always the same. What you need for better issue finding ? @@Luke ?

BillOatman

I see this occasionally as well. My assumption is that it is the providers output looping itself, or that the stream just stops and Emby loops around it's buffer, not sure which.

In any event, I believe ultimately it is is a provider issue, at least in my case.  Usually I just back out of the channel and go back in and it is either still in the same loop, or it is working again.

If it does it too much, I just watch a different channel.

I never have anything recording so that cannot be it in my case either.

Edited by BillOatman

Kodi_Newcomer

Thats definitiv no Provider problem. I use normaly dvbviewer for live TV, and there it runs smooth and fine, No Loop, no stuttering. IT runs fine. So that must be an emby issue i think.

pünktchen

Thats definitiv no Provider problem. I use normaly dvbviewer for live TV, and there it runs smooth and fine, No Loop, no stuttering. IT runs fine. So that must be an emby issue i think.

And why don't you stick with DVBViewer and the plugin then?

Kodi_Newcomer

I try to use all on my Intel NUC with linux as OS. So for this scenario i cant no longer use dvbviewer, because it runs only on win.

Kodi_Newcomer

So i have do some more test. I would figure out if this is a problem with my provider. So i use some other channels and create a new m3u, after this the channels run fine. So i delet this m3u and load my old one, and then the channels run fine to. Next day i test it again, and now i have the same problems again, when i look at the OSD i can see, when i tune a channel ,there are to times shown on the OSD, the right time jumps to 20-30 seconds, the time bevor the left one starts at 0 goes to the time that stands right 20 seconds and start looping, after this the right time jumps forward to 50 seconds and the left runs forward to 50 and loop again back to 20 that play goes some seconds for some back some for some back.

I would suggest re-evaluating this with the next release of emby server. thanks.

Kodi_Newcomer

I would suggest re-evaluating this with the next release of emby server. thanks.

So you found something and makes some chances ? That i should try ?

Kodi_Newcomer

One quest, did you mean the next beta Rls, or the next stable ?

• 2 weeks later...
Tony B.

@@Luke

I found the answer to this on reddit.

When the provider gets too busy, it will stop sending or ask to lower the bitrate with a player like vlc. I might suggest variable bitrate or something to figure out if the provider gives up because of a technical error.

Kodi_Newcomer

@@Luke

I found the answer to this on reddit.

When the provider gets too busy, it will stop sending or ask to lower the bitrate with a player like vlc. I might suggest variable bitrate or something to figure out if the provider gives up because of a technical error.

So why then only Emby has problems with it ? I try'ed it with, DVBViewer, TVHeadend and two Apps on Android, at both it works fine without having that.

Also i try'ed other providers and streams, there is the same problem with it.

Tony B.

So why then only Emby has problems with it ? I try'ed it with, DVBViewer, TVHeadend and two Apps on Android, at both it works fine without having that.

Also i try'ed other providers and streams, there is the same problem with it.

It starts with a problem at the provider. Their servers get too busy and need to reduce the bandwidth. Emby doesn't adjust for it. So, I wouldn't call Emby totally at fault.

It's going to happen with most likely everyone.

Why are you not using tvmosaic? I would like to know if they have the same problems