IronBeardKnight
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

IronBeardKnight

Hello Community,

This is my first post here.

I have been using Emby as a lifetime premium member now for about 3 months and I'm loving Emby and your app suite and the way it/they work.

The Emby in general is a diamond in the rough, a little unrefined and raw in some area's and cold use polish but a large diamond none the less.

Now to the POINT.

Emby Theater and the GameBrowser addon for emby.

I think some work may need to be done in respect to this when it comes to the cemu emulator as it seems no one is having any luck getting it to work from what I have found hunting the spider-web.

My main issue is with the error: "Error launching process: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined".

(attached)

I get this when running the theater on my pc where the emby server is running also.

I have tried Dev mode to see if I could find out what the issue was in chrome dev tools but it seems a little deeper than I can manage looking from outside the code.

Now for some reason when running trying to launch a game from another pc on Emby Theater I don't get this error although I do have some issues with cemu itself not finding the key file but that is a cemu issue I think.(Will crack that chestnut another time)

Any help in getting this one put to rest would be awesome. 

OH! and on a side note can we get some more type support for roms like for one example wii u .rpx added in officially to the gamebrowser addon as well :) I don't think that is too much work from what I have read online using visual studio but would be nice to not have to mod it after every update. 

Hi, how did you configure the external player? Most likely the command line arguments are not correct.

IronBeardKnight

Hi Luke,

I configured them as per the instructions and also in different ways to see if it would work.

I tried the below combinations as they look below and none seem to work however if you could share a screenshot of a working setup for cemu and how its supposed to look I would be happy to change.

"

--rom

{PATH}

""

--rom {PATH}

""

--rom{PATH}

""

{PATH}

"

and a few other combinations with the commands that Cemu supports on launch however none of those work either.

As mentioned above on a different computer with a fresh install of emby theater where the server is not running, launching Cemu is not an issue and it works but has a cannot find key file error afterwards which is a cemu issue I believe.

I have uninstalled and Installed Emby theater 2 to 4 times with full trace wipes of all of its registry and temp records/files.

Running Theater in Dev mode shows me that its picking up the game location and parsing it in url from from chrome dev tools however the toString Error does not show in the chrome dev tools trace at all which makes me think that its possibly having issues doing the conversion probably???

I'm in aus is our times are not really aligned but I can provide anything you need mate. Hoping to get it resolved for all those who may be having the same issue also.

I have bothe .wud files and .rpx files but as it stands at the moment I believe that Emby will only recognise .wud files at the moment.

Kind Regards

"

--rom {PATH}

"

Edited by IronBeardKnight

Yea i'm referring to our on-screen instructions. Their instructions are just telling you where the path to the file would go.

IronBeardKnight

I have tried lower case as below:

"

--rom

{path}

""

--rom{path}

""

-g {path}

""

-g

{path}

"

Example below sorry for the size.

5d01d06366e84_64344976_407543859838685_4

Ok, I'm afraid I don't know. All we're doing is launching the process that you've configured, but the process is throwing an error. I'll have to see if we can capture standard output so that you can see what the actual error message is coming from cemu.

My guess is that it doesn't support loading from http urls.

IronBeardKnight

Ok, I'm afraid I don't know. All we're doing is launching the process that you've configured, but the process is throwing an error. I'll have to see if we can capture standard output so that you can see what the actual error message is coming from cemu.

My guess is that it doesn't support loading from http urls.

It does support loading game from command with -g "path" however this also does not work from Emby Theater.

http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/Getting_Started

Scroll to the bottom

I can try provide a chrome dev tools .har trace later tonight if that will help. :) 

Thanks for you help so far Luke it has been much appreciated.

Edited by IronBeardKnight

I understand, but I'm just taking a guess here as I've never used this emulator, but it probably is expecting a file path and not an http url. If Emby Theater had direct access to your game files, then it would be putting the file path on the command line, but since it doesn't, it's using an http url and the emulator may not support that.

IronBeardKnight

I understand, but I'm just taking a guess here as I've never used this emulator, but it probably is expecting a file path and not an http url. If Emby Theater had direct access to your game files, then it would be putting the file path on the command line, but since it doesn't, it's using an http url and the emulator may not support that.

Interesting. So all the other emulators support URL input?

If this is the case maybe I can make a small quick c# or even an Ahk .exe as a middle man to do a url transcode and just direct emby to it.

Ill do some research tonight on it.

While we are at it I see it says that you are the developer for GameBrowser, was there a reason for .rpx file not bein a supported file format for cemu by chance?

IronBeardKnight

did you try lowercase {path} as per the instructions?

So this worked mate however with a small change.

Strange it was not working earlier today and I just left it for hours cam back hit player and BAM Cemu launched thanks again for your prompt response mate appreciated. 

.rpx extension still wanted officially :)

5d023ea8ddfc2_toStringErrorresolved.png

IronBeardKnight

So it turns out if you have Cemu.exe properties set to run as administrator it throws that error.