33 replies to this topic

#21 joggs OFFLINE  

joggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Local time: 04:24 PM

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:01 AM

I have the same cpu problem. The reason for 100% cpu for me seems to start when I try to open the info page of a movie from any client(web, android, androidtv) where the movie are located at the root of the library folder, and not in a separate folder. The animated spinner appears, the server cpu goes up to 100% and nothing more happens.

The server logs say nothing.

I have to restart the emby server process for it to go away. I moved my movies that are located in the root folder to separate folders, named as the movie, and then everything works again.

The server log just contains gets and responses from me clicking around.

No new plugins installed before the problems appeared.

Log attached

Attached Files

Edited by joggs, 15 June 2019 - 03:21 AM.

#22 Chillout OFFLINE  

Chillout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Local time: 10:24 AM

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

The reason for 100% cpu for me seems to start when I try to open the info page of a movie from any client(web, android, androidtv) where the movie are located at the root of the library folder, and not in a separate folder. The animated spinner appears, the server cpu goes up to 100% and nothing more happens.

@ joggs has this been fixed for you? 

I'm still running .14 after the .15,.16,17 didnt solve this issue for me.

#23 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 AM

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:13 PM

@ joggs has this been fixed for you? 

I'm still running .14 after the .15,.16,17 didnt solve this issue for me.

yea im still on .10 till this all gets shook out :) (

#24 arsim OFFLINE  

arsim

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 02:24 PM

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

yes, I still have the same issue on .21

#25 arsim OFFLINE  

arsim

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 02:24 PM

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:38 AM

where do I find .10 (windows x64) to revert? I noticed only latest compiled version is hosted on github

#26 Chillout OFFLINE  

Chillout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:27 PM

Has anyone with this particular issue tried installing the latest beta (.26) to see if it fixes the problem?  I'm kinda scared at this point to jump too far ahead in the builds that i might not be able to go back to working .14

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone with this particular issue tried installing the latest beta (.26) to see if it fixes the problem?  I'm kinda scared at this point to jump too far ahead in the builds that i might not be able to go back to working .14

We can't resolve your problem until we know what it is. Please be a good beta tester and see how to report a problem. Thanks.

#28 Chillout OFFLINE  

Chillout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

I believe the problem and the work around was identified in post #21 but have yet to receive confirmation that this has been fixed.

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

I believe that is just due to changes in image processing which means that current cached results are not used and images are re-processed and re-cached just as if you did a brand new install. This will result in some temporary higher cpu usage while browsing around clients waiting for your image cache to build back up again.

I don't like having to make that change because every single time I do, this is exactly what happens. A few people notice the cpu usage due to image processing, it causes them to think something is wrong, and end up rolling back re-installing, etc.

#30 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:49 PM

So at this point I would suggest just updating to the latest, and if you have an issue then let's look at it. You're going to run into problems sooner or later anyway by staying behind on an old beta.

#31 Chillout OFFLINE  

Chillout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

Post #21 describes the issues of having all the files in a single directory instead of sub folders. If image processing was the issue, why would putting the file in separate folders make any difference?

My past observations is that the image processing is typically handled by a ffmpeg chugging along at low priority in the background not embyserver.exe running at high priority.  I let mine run for about 4 hours at 100% CPU utilization until it essentially crashed my i7-3770/32GB  win7 x64 system because it became so unresponsive.  

#32 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

Because I don't believe that actually makes a difference. I understand that was the observation , but I don't see evidence of that at this point.

#33 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

I have the same cpu problem. The reason for 100% cpu for me seems to start when I try to open the info page of a movie from any client(web, android, androidtv) where the movie are located at the root of the library folder, and not in a separate folder. The animated spinner appears, the server cpu goes up to 100% and nothing more happens.

The server logs say nothing.

I have to restart the emby server process for it to go away. I moved my movies that are located in the root folder to separate folders, named as the movie, and then everything works again.

The server log just contains gets and responses from me clicking around.

No new plugins installed before the problems appeared.

Log attached

For the sake of continuing this discussion though, I notice in this log that the realtime monitor refreshed the movies folder due to changes. Is this a common factor? Do you have any log examples of this high cpu usage without the realtime monitor firing?

#34 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Please try 4.2.0.31. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users