NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

Quick question.

Is there just the one NextPVR plugin for v4 and v5?

I am thinking of trying v5 to replace v4 which I have been using successfully for quite a while now.

I did notice the dll. So I will install that as well.

Edited by dcol

Actually all I needed to do was copy the LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll to \programdata\plugins folder, restart Emby, and it showed up as a plugin.

• 2 months later...
FrAllard

I have NextPVR v5 running in a docker, everything goes according to plan from this ang;e. The plugin in Emby though I think I have a problem with. First of all, when trying to listen to something that is recording but not finish, I somehow only have access to what is recorded at the moment I start listening.

When I playback the now finished recording I can see that Emby pulls a url http://NextPVR.ip.addr/live?recording=1065. It's not live anymore, I'm wondering. Oh and even though the recording is finished I still only have access to 12 minutes of the video. The .ts that was recorded is 34 minutes though. (2 minutes before and after)

When I try to listen to the video from Emby many times I get a "Unable to seek", when I tried the same url in VLC I wasn't able to seek either. What I'm I missing I'm pretty sure I should be able to listen to a recording while it's being recorded and skip forward until I reach live tv... 

emveepee

I suggest it is this issue https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79276-problems-watching-a-recording-while-being-recorded/&do=findComment&comment=829100 and I have not idea if the Emby devs are considering fixing it for PVR addons.

It is not a NextPVR issue you should be able to play the recording in progress just fine with Kodi using the recent version of pvr addon.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

• 3 months later...
emveepee

I have update post#1 with a new version that uses a new 5.0.3 API for getting art which should greatly reduce the chance of duplicate calls being made for the same artwork.

Martin

dcol

Is the new dll fully compatible with NextPVR v4 or should I upgrade to v5? Finally got the plugin working and have some questions

Is there an explanation somewhere about the plugin settings for 'Series Recording Default' and 'Default to New Episodes Only'

I noticed a new item in 'My Media' which is 'NextPVR Recordings'. How is this different than where I send the current recordings set in the NPVR settings? It looks like there is a separation now in Emby's own recordings from NPVR's. In the past I ran NPVR on a separate system in it's own Emby server. Can we now run both concurrently recording the same shows at the same time from different IPTV providers. If so, I have been waiting for this ability for a long time. I could get rid of the Emby/NPVR server.

Ideally here is what I would like to do. Setup the normal IPTV channels in Emby LiveTV and have the guide reflect those channels and record to a TV Show library. Then at the same time, have NPVR record the same shows from a different IPTV provider that show up in the 'NextPVR Recordings' and not be reflected in the Emby guide or TV Show library. All the NPVR recordings are done via the NPVR guide. This is sort of what I do now using two Emby servers. Is this possible now using one Emby server?

Edited by dcol

emveepee

It is not compatible with v4.   You should be upgrading to v5 now that it has a been formally released from beta..  The Emby plugin is much more efficient at loading the guide, loading recordings and loads recording updates as they occur.  I am just waiting for Luke to help prepare github for a PR to get this into official status.

No documentation but the option should be pretty clear to NextPVR users. The drop down gives you four options which determine what happens when you click Record Series in Emby.  The Default to New tick box means only record only new episodes of those the series recordings.  This is based on whether or not your EPG source has this flag.

Martin

dcol

Thanks I will upgrade to v5 today.

So, is it possible to separate the Emby recording from the NextPVR on the same server? This was not possible in the past because Emby can not schedule the same show twice at the same time even if it is on different channels from different IPTV providers. but if NextPVR schedule can not be in the Emby schedule and just use it's own guide and place the recorded shows in the 'NextPVR Recordings' then it should work. is this possible?

Edited by dcol

emveepee

Sorry I don't know how Emby works behind the scenes.  If you didn't use the plugin and used NextPVR independently I assume you could have the NextPVR recordings in the video library.

Sounds like you just need to get a more reliable IPTV provider.

Martin

dcol

Sorry I don't know how Emby works behind the scenes.  If you didn't use the plugin and used NextPVR independently I assume you could have the NextPVR recordings in the video library.

Sounds like you just need to get a more reliable IPTV provider.

Martin

No such thing exists. If you know of one, please share.

dcol

if I didn't use the plugin then the NextPVR Recordings would not appear in 'My Media'. The issue is sharing the schedule with Emby. If that could be disabled, it would work. I can manually record simultaneous recordings, just cannot schedule them.

Or maybe you are on to something. If I do not use the plugin, I could just send all the NextPVR recordings to a folder and create a new library in Emby using that folder.

Edited by dcol

dcol

Upgraded to v5 and looks nice. Had to really search for the config.xml file. Even a search didn't come up with it.

Edited by dcol

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

I finally unzipped the plugin straight into ...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins and it added a .dll file and a .pdb file.

Do I need both ? no-one seems to have mentioned there being two files.

jordy

I finally unzipped the plugin straight into ...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins and it added a .dll file and a .pdb file.

Do I need both ? no-one seems to have mentioned there being two files.

I got 2 files. just left them in there and it works fine.

dcol

I have NextPVR running on the same server as Emby now. I do not use the Emby plugin, rather setup a separate library in Emby that has all the things recorded by NPVR. That way I can overlap recordings and it keeps the NPVR recording engines from using the Emby guide. This method works great for me.

Edited by dcol

arrbee99

I got 2 files. just left them in there and it works fine.

Thanks for the info. Wonder what it does.

arrbee99

I have NextPVR running on the same server as Emby now. I do not use the Emby plugin, rather setup a separate library in Emby that has all the things recorded by NPVR. That way I can overlap recordings and it keeps the NPVR recording engines from using the Emby guide. This method works great for me.

So NextPVR and Emby don't talk to each other at all ?

dcol

So NextPVR and Emby don't talk to each other at all ?

That is correct. And I do this to eliminate liveTV recording conflicts between NPVR and Emby. I have NPVR do its own thing and place the NPVR media in a separate Emby library. I do use a different IPTV provider for each.

Edited by dcol

arrbee99

Can't say I get recording conflicts using the plugin. But then around here there's never enough stuff worth recording for there to be conflicts :)

(And if there is I've usually missed the first episode anyway).

dcol

The conflicts come into play when you want to record the same show at the same time as a backup. Which has saved me more times than I can count. NPVR is basically used as a backup. Emby deletes duplicate scheduled recordings in their guide.

arrbee99

That could be handy for me as well. I've only got dvb-s and iptv is mostly the same channels. So the iptv stream is higher quality but more likely to just stop, dvb-s generally works but is only 576i. Should probably give it a go sometime.

emveepee

The pdb file helps with extra debug info if there is a crash in the addon, but since we haven't really seen any It hasn't been necessary.

When Emby does their release of the addon it will be just a dll with no debug info.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 1