NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

emveepee

Thanks for confirming the change gave you a guide data back.  If you have on going tuning issues post logs, probably NextPVR logs too.

For art NZ will not have the number of images that a user can see with Schedules Direct but you should see about the same as you do in the NextPVR web app.  If not logs would be handy.  For EPG you might need to ctrl-F5 a page after a guide update because of changes in the sync'd data.

Martin

arrbee99

Thanks. I'll see how stuff plays in NextPVR vs Emby (more than I have so far). Generally they both do fine for dvb-s, but occasionally something just doesn't work or just stops.

Interestingly, so far (very early days), the iptv channels in NextPVR that get passed to Emby seem to play better than they used to with v4 NextPVR and v4 plugins. They used to stop after about a minute in Emby. Now, so far, they continue to play, but with fairly regular pauses, like its waiting for more data before carrying on or something.

For art, sometimes if I'm feeling enthusiastic, I'll add it manually (assuming thats still possible with v5). I'll have to check to see if the art in NextPVR is the same as that in Emby.

arrbee99

Don't know if I should post here, but -

for iptv, playing in Chrome it seems to play for 8 seconds and pause, 8 seconds and pause, 8 seconds.....video and audio in sync, plays at normal speed

for iptv playing in Theater it seems to play for maybe 8 seconds, maybe less, rinse repeat as above, but sound carries on as normal while video does the pausing and seems to go extra fast to catch up.

Something to do with this lease renewal thing I saw in the nextpvrserver window ?

Have attached Emby server log and NextPVR log.

Started NextPVR log at 9:06 and Emby server at 9:07.

Played some dvb-s channels from 9:08:12 in Chrome and Theater which seems OK.

Played some iptv in Chrome from 9:13:40, repeat at 9:15:40.

Played some iptv in Theater from 9:17:10, repeat at 9:19:30.

embyserver.txt

logs-20190704-0926.zip

emveepee

@@arrbee99 Could you  change your NextPVR server from localhost to 127.0.0.1 or the real ipv4 IP of the NextPVR server.  I see something in the Emby log that is a minor trouble with ipv6.

Martin

arrbee99

@@arrbee99 Could you  change your NextPVR server from localhost to 127.0.0.1 or the real ipv4 IP of the NextPVR server.  I see something in the Emby log that is a minor trouble with ipv6.

Martin

Not sure where you mean, can't see anywhere in the webpage (the 8866 one,) to change anything like that and can't spot anything in the NextPVR app either.

Do you mean in the plugin > Settings, at the top 'NextPVR base url:'

emveepee

Do you mean in the plugin > Settings, at the top 'NextPVR base url:'

Yes.  The real IP is preferred if you want to stream from clients too.

Martin

arrbee99

I changed the settings in the plugin from htttp://localhost:8866 to http://192.168.1.50:8866 and restarted Emby server (not NextPVR server). Tried playing the same channel in Chrome and Theater and still got the same (8 second stuff, etc).

Should I send updated logs ?

emveepee

The problem I saw wasn't playback related but you can send the emby log and maybe include ffmepg to see what it is going on during transcoding.

Martin

arrbee99

Hokay.

Updated NextPVR log since 'NextPVR base url' changed, and channel played in Chrome and Theater at 11.01.00 and 11.02.11 respectively.

New Emby server log after restart after base url changed, also playing as above.

ffmpeg log while testing new setting. Channel played, with 8 second pauses, started at 11:01:00 after base url changed, as above.

logs-20190704-1117.zip

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-8eed077e-9f65-477d-8f73-fc7b7fff1601_1.txt

emveepee

Good the ipv6 issue is resolved.  Looking at the logs I think your IPTV capture on NextPVR is pretty bursty.  This is direct play in Emby so there is no transcoding issue.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

arrbee99

Good the ipv6 issue is resolved.  Looking at the logs I think your IPTV capture on NextPVR is pretty bursty.  This is direct play in Emby so there is no transcoding issue.

Martin

I guess Direct Streaming doesn't count for Chrome ?

Anyway, hopefully it'll get better, doesn't work very well on our Shield either.

arrbee99

It doesn't seem to do the 8 second thing in Kodi, but it just bombs back to the guide after 40 or 50 sec.

sub3

Don't know if I should post here, but -

for iptv, playing in Chrome it seems to play for 8 seconds and pause, 8 seconds and pause, 8 seconds.....video and audio in sync, plays at normal speed

I've followed up on your post on the NextPVR forums

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pilothobs

Excuse me- Dumb question alert-

Why do you need to setup NextPVR when Emby does everything it does?

emveepee

If you are happy with Emby you don't although NextPVR like the other dedicated PVR plugins have backends that are generally more powerful, established and reliable but Emby is getting better

- NextPVR supports more tuners than Emby

- NextPVR can add padding on back to back recordings

- NextPVR can record multiple channels off one mux

- Comskip support (not sure if Emby can create EDL files)

- NextPVR doesn't require a subscription  (but generally you want to pay $25 a year for Schedules Direct if it is available to you)

- sub's personal help fixing problems quickly.

In a way it also is part of the which is best media centre (Kodi, Emby or Plex) discussion.  NextPVR works directly with Kodi PVR and for me that is a big deal. 

Martin

Edited by emveepee

SHSPVR

If you are happy with Emby you don't although NextPVR like the other dedicated PVR plugins have backends that are generally more powerful, established and reliable but Emby is getting better

- NextPVR supports more tuners than Emby

- NextPVR can add padding on back to back recordings

- NextPVR can record multiple channels off one mux

- Comskip support (not sure if Emby can create EDL files)

- NextPVR doesn't require a subscription  (but generally you want to pay $25 a year for Schedules Direct if it is available to you)

- sub's personal help fixing problems quickly.

In a way it also is part of the which is best media centre (Kodi, Emby or Plex) discussion.  NextPVR works directly with Kodi PVR and for me that is a big deal. 

Martin

1: Being there only 2 option available that are easy to get hold of around world wide so in reality there same when come to ATSC tuner just not DVB Tuner so keep that in Martin P.S. yes there 3rd option from TBS Technologies but cost 2x more then the WinTV quad-HD

2: If I'm not mistaken so can SiliconDust HDHomeRun and Hauppauge WinTV Tuner 

3: If I'm not mistaken so can SiliconDust HDHomeRun and Hauppauge WinTV Tuner from sub channel

4: Never had any used for comskip not even under SageTV I used FF-skip by sec with remote

5: Yup that so true which perfect for the true blue cordcutter user who has no internet.

6: Yes sub is very good at knocking out software bug's there denying that maybe someday he give that feature I req min moon ago with GB-PVR about watched and mark watched feature in TV Guide, I have talk to Graeme for very long time OMG 15 years boy how time fly's.

7: You miss one NextPVR has Linux support so it make it very easy to integrate with Linux Emby server with M3U Tuner all on same system hardware just wish HD-PVR 2 and Colossus 2 had support under Linux the right way.

SHSPVR

Excuse me- Dumb question alert-

Why do you need to setup NextPVR when Emby does everything it does?

One major reason is it work far better then relaying on Hauppauge WinTV software so in tell Emby can write there own direct hardware access plug-in that integrate all the function like scanning and add & remove channel, remap channel and what every else is needed with out relaying on 3rdparty app that the main different so you see it not perfect solution.

Pilothobs

One major reason is it work far better then relaying on Hauppauge WinTV software so in tell Emby can write there own direct hardware access plug-in that

integrate all the function like scanning and add & remove channel, remap channel and what every else is needed with out relaying on 3rdparty app that the main different so you see it not perfect solution.

I have next pvr on my server and downloaded the addon.

On my main page it only says nextpvr recordings.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

emveepee

You need premiere to have live TV options show up.   Unfortunately when Emby went closed source they took away free live TV from the NextPVR addon too.  You need Kodi or NextPVR to watch live TV for free.

Martin

SHSPVR

I have next pvr on my server and downloaded the addon.

On my main page it only says nextpvr recordings.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

It depend on how you go about set it up as there are two way one by Emby Plug-in the other by M3U tuner some of us prefer the M3U tuner way it a bit more work and can used the Emby guide data vs NextPVR Guide data

See this posting more about M3U Tuner setup way https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69226-recording-episode-or-series-in-specific-nextpvr-folder/

You do need Premiere to have live TV options show up if after that like Martin said which look more like this below

5d28e313de5bd_Untitled1.jpg

Edited by SHSPVR

Pilothobs

You need premiere to have live TV options show up.   Unfortunately when Emby went closed source they took away free live TV from the NextPVR addon too.  You need Kodi or NextPVR to watch live TV for free.

Martin

I have Premiere

Maybe thats the problem with my IPTV feed too

emveepee

Could you guys move this discussion to a relevant thread, I knew I shouldn't have responded.  The fact that many people use the m3u tuners proves my case that Emby's PVR needs work.

Martin

arrbee99

I've followed up on your post on the NextPVR forums

Forgot to mention, sub fixed this, just seemed to be for a few specific channels.

arrbee99

Just wondering how people are doing with artwork ? seems like I don't get much and when I do it seems quite slow to appear. Fr'instance my On Now page shows 52 programs, zero of which have any posters.

I could send some logs, but from where (Emby ? NextPVR ?) and what should I tell it to do while logging ?

emveepee

Episode artwork support is really best with Schedules Direct http://www.schedulesdirect.org/regions My opinion is it should be disabled outside those areas.

Recordings artwork is faster because the cache is created at recording time.  It depends on standard sites like thetvdb and themoviedb so if the shows you are recording aren't listed there you probably won't have much luck.  Sub and I have discussed the possibility of using generic images so the screen isn't riddled with  empty boxes.  I also request landscape images, I am not sure what NextPVR does if it only has a poster image.

Martin

Edited by emveepee