NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

emveepee

By the way, its recording (theoretically) at the moment - should it show anything in the dashboard in connection with that ?

An Emby user would have to tell you that.  I don't know the theory.

Martin

Yes, for live tv, I've convinced myself (correctly I think) v4 started in about 7 seconds whereas v5 is about 20, but yes I'll send some logs over.

If you open the stream in VLC, how long does it take to see it?

ie, open a network stream with url like http://ipaddress:8866/live?channel=1

pünktchen

By the way, its recording (theoretically) at the moment - should it show anything in the dashboard in connection with that ?

An Emby user would have to tell you that. I don't know the theory.

Martin

It does with Emby's core live tv, it's brocken for live tv plugins since Emby 4.x.x

arrbee99

It does with Emby's core live tv, it's brocken for live tv plugins since Emby 4.x.x

Yes, haven't seen it for quite a while (possibly years actually for me), and don't record very much anyway, but it would be nice if it could.

arrbee99

If you open the stream in VLC, how long does it take to see it?

ie, open a network stream with url like http://ipaddress:8866/live?channel=1

They are a little bit closer than I thought. In vlc channels are 9-10 sec starting, in Chrome (localhost:8866) they are 17-18sec starting. Don't know if transcoding might come in there somewhere.

Will try as well in nextpvr.exe and Emby Theater if you like.

P.S recording seemed fine. Two channels from the same mux at the same time seemed successful, just having a quick skim through.

Edited by arrbee99

They are a little bit closer than I thought. In vlc channels are 9-10 sec starting, in Chrome (localhost:8866) they are 17-18sec starting. Don't know if transcoding might come in there somewhere.

What source are you using?

With an IPTV source, I see video in 3 seconds in VLC. 

With a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB-T, I see video in 3 seconds in VLC. 

With a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR5525 DVB-S, I see video in 4 seconds in VLC. 

arrbee99

What source are you using?

With an IPTV source, I see video in 3 seconds in VLC. 

With a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB-T, I see video in 3 seconds in VLC. 

With a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR5525 DVB-S, I see video in 4 seconds in VLC. 

Its a Hauppauge Win TV HVR-3300 standard def DVB-S. Freeview.

arrbee99

If you can post logs over at the NextPVR forums, I'll take a look. 

Roger wilco

emveepee

Yes, haven't seen it for quite a while (possibly years actually for me), and don't record very much anyway, but it would be nice if it could.

Did you notice the recording notification popups?  I do get these?  I didn't disable them but I would if I really used Emby.

Martin

arrbee99

Did you notice the recording notification popups?  I do get these?  I didn't disable them but I would if I really used Emby.

Martin

If you mean under 'Activity', no, nothing showed up.

arrbee99

Oh. No nothing, but haven't seen one of those for years either. Thought they were got rid of actually.

emveepee

Oh. No nothing, but haven't seen one of those for years either. Thought they were got rid of actually.

I definitely get them

5d0c193e6b92d_notification.jpg

Martin

arrbee99

Not here. Not for a long time. Like I say I don't actually record a lot, and I think you said something about it not applying to plugins anyway...

Did used to get similar stuff when I added new media and it popped up to say found new episodes of The Flash or something like that.

emveepee

Not me, I am only running the plugin right now.   It's coming from the browser though so perhaps you turned notifications off.

Martin

arrbee99

No idea. I see a whole list of notifications - any idea which one might / would apply to recordings ?

I see I've apparently disabled New Content Added, will probably turn that back on.

Actually, would that be it, new content being a new recording ?

emveepee

I don't think so because I have that disabled too.  As I posted earlier I don't know what setting this is.

Martin

P.S recording seemed fine. Two channels from the same mux at the same time seemed successful, just having a quick skim through.

For anyone else that was following this, I've made some changes in the most recent NextPVR v5 build, which got arrbee99 down to about a second to get live streams in VLC (and about 8 seconds in web app - still working on improvements in that area).

Here was a video of me start streams, and changing channels etc. Definitely less than a second to get the stream on my machine.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

arrbee99

FYI in connection with the above from sub3, so far in Chrome (hence transcoding for me) start up times have improved to about 9 seconds and in Theater they've dropped to an awesome 2 seconds  :) Never been that fast since I started using Emby / NextPVR.

Will have to have a go on Shield / Fire TV soon.

• 2 weeks later...
emveepee

Not here. Not for a long time. Like I say I don't actually record a lot, and I think you said something about it not applying to plugins anyway...

Did used to get similar stuff when I added new media and it popped up to say found new episodes of The Flash or something like that.

The likely reason you haven't got any notifications is the plugin you are using is not compatible with the beta Emby server and you are not able to login to NextPVR.  The stale data in your database will allow you to play live tv and that is about it.  I will get that corrected shortly.

I think you will like the EPG refresh speed in the current Emby beta.

Martin

arrbee99

Well refresh speed is very good at the moment - 4 seconds. That could be because I presume its not doing much with that login thing you mentioned.

And looking forward to the updated plugin  :)

I should probably just rebuild the whole database in the meantime to get rid of those old channels. I guess I just stop Emby server, rename library.db to library.db.old or something and just start the server again ?

emveepee

I have updated post # with a change that should work on 4.1 and 4.2 version of the Emby server.  There are also improvements in the recording update logic and made some efficiency in getting art using the latest version of NextPVR

Martin

arrbee99

Just downloaded. Installs fine. Updated guide fine. Seems to play dvb-s channels fine. Once it didn't play a channel (spinning circle) but thats just after a 5 minute play.

Artwork seems a bit sparse, but that might be a result of there not being much for obscure New Zealand daytime television stuff.

Haven't tried recording yet.