NextPVR v5 Emby plugin

emveepee

emveepee

Here's an idea of what is coming in the update version of the plugin

Changelog

- changed all calls from NEWA API to NextPVR v5 JSON
- add season, episode where allowed
- configurable recurring recording defaults
- configure Sports, News, Movie, Live and Kids category (from MediaPortal plugin)
- flag Live sports
- flag Premiere (Season and Series)
- cosmetics changed NextPvr and Next Pvr to NextPVR throughout
- fixed some bugs and no doubt added some.

- use recorded dates as created dates for improved date ordering
- add original air date, and production year
- recording updates based on backend changes no need to scan internet folder

- don't flag images for Programs NextPVR doesn't support this.

- cache allRecordings call from backend 

- identify radio channels and programs.

Here is a YouTube video https://youtu.be/917nMnvTRxk connecting to my v5 docker installation. There are some times where it seems sluggish, I was running a debug version with some break points.

If you notice any strange things in the video please let me know.  Not being an Emby user makes it difficult for me to compare and there was not much help from Emby devs getting to this point.

Edit:  Please note that this addon is no longer in development and the project has been ended.

See this post for some installation details https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74439-nextpvr-v5-emby-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=754853

Martin

Edited by emveepee
Remove support
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

arrbee99

Looks impressive. Hopefully a NextPVR v5 public beta isn't too far away.

Hopefully a NextPVR v5 public beta isn't too far away.

Hoping for this weekend. 

• Like 3

emveepee

The public release is getting close and I have added somethings to the change log for the final

Just added some more things to the changelog

- use recorded dates as created dates for improved date ordering
- add original air date, and production year
- recording updates based on backend changes no need to scan internet folder

I added a change to Movie processing because I didn't think they should be recorded as a series.   Also this way gave access to the Movie Year field in the guide.  Movies are also not considered as repeats.  If you have concerns on this change let me know.

Martin

SHSPVR

The public release is getting close my foot it out now Martin :P 

Edited by SHSPVR

emveepee

As soon as Emby users have a properly configured and working v5 setup I will post the latest dll.    I got tired of posting updates in the pre-release forum that no one was ready to download.  Also I want the posts on the Emby plugin on this forum since what I learned about using Emby was really in testing the plugin over the last week so I will likely need help from others here if I ported something incorrectly.

I do have concerns about how Emby users will test this since Emby doesn't seem to provide a good way of cleaning out the recording and guide database and related metadata.   If you have version v4 and v5 installed together there might be concerns so any suggestions there are welcome.

As an example recording seem to be separated properly, (v5 is stored under NextPVR)

5d07da8fc56e5_home.jpg

But it will likely be hard  to separate the guide items and to know what you are testing. Also depending on how many channels you have the already slow refresh guide task can be twice as long. 

Users having issues keeping their NextPVR and Emby guides in sync should avoid trying to sync another source.

Martin

arrbee99

Have installed v5 and it seems to play TV OK in the web app and NextPVR.exe. Haven't got a guide yet though.

Would I be able to get this dll thing ? and what would I do with it ?

emveepee

@arrbee9 installation is easy you drop the dll in programdata/plugins and configure it normally.

I expect to have the dll ready later today.

Martin

• Like 1

ErikaJ

Good Day...Yay finally it comes to fruition. Anxious to get this tested out. Thanks Marti, sub, et al.  Cheers...

• Like 1

emveepee

Sorry guys, I hoped to have something for you tonight but I deleted library.db to do one final test, and I lost Emby Premiere in Firefox which is my default browser.  It opened fine in Chrome.   Turned out a redirect to mb3admin.com was not trusted but I didn't get any notice  Definitely a frustrating couple of hours.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

Added to the change log

- don't flag images for Programs NextPVR doesn't support this.

- cache allRecordings call from backend 

- identify radio channels and programs.

I will post the dll in 12 hours.

Martin

• Like 1

emveepee

I have attached the zip file containing the Windows dll to the first post.    Needs server 4.1.0.26 not tested with beta 4.2  does not include plugin change for 4.2.  Current beta release of NextPVR v5 will always be required make sure you can use NextPVR v5 browser interface before testing with Emby

For installation simply drop the dll in Emby\programdata\plugins and configure.  It is based on 3.3.1 and will show as 3.5.1.0 in the logs.

To configure I recommend selecting the default recording option you prefer and editing the genres that you like.  The defaults are mine with schedules direct.

To get New, Repeat indicators you will need to configure NextPVR to "Show New in Guide" using the browser or by editing config.xml

Information such as Season, Year, Premiere, New, Repeat, Original Air Date, Production Year is based on the data being available in the guide.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Seeing as I'm on 4.2.0.17 beta does that mean you reckon it won't work or it should but is missing some updates that were made recently ?

...I guess there's only one way to find out but just thought I'd ask.

• Like 1

emveepee

Nothing like testing a beta plugin with a beta version of Emby and a beta version of NextPVR.

Martin

• Like 1

SHSPVR

Nothing like testing a beta plugin with a beta version of Emby and a beta version of NextPVR.

Martin

LoL break out the champagne

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Seems to be C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\ for me. Shows up OK anyway.

I've left the settings on the defaults. It has a guide and I've played one channel for 2 minutes in Chrome so far.

It takes a lot longer to start playing, but v5 NPVR takes a lot longer to start than v4 anyway.

Well hey, its a start...

emveepee

Glad it works I can compile a beta version but I can't test it if things happen

The main reason you want to change the defaults is if you have genres you want to have in Sports, Kids, News, or Movie lists that aren't mapped using the defaults.  Also the default series option is to record all episodes for that channel.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

It takes a lot longer to start playing, but v5 NPVR takes a lot longer to start than v4 anyway.

Well hey, its a start...

It should be largely the same as v4, if you're using the same platform and device. 

I assume you mean live tv, rather than playback of recordings?

If you want to post the logs over at the nextpvr forums, showing the slow startup, I'll check where you might be getting any unexpected extra delays.

arrbee99

It should be largely the same as v4, if you're using the same platform and device. 

I assume you mean live tv, rather than playback of recordings?

If you want to post the logs over at the nextpvr forums, showing the slow startup, I'll check where you might be getting any unexpected extra delays.

Yes, for live tv, I've convinced myself (correctly I think) v4 started in about 7 seconds whereas v5 is about 20, but yes I'll send some logs over.

arrbee99

Glad it works I can compile a beta version but I can't test it if things happen

The main reason you want to change the defaults is if you have genres you want to have in Sports, Kids, News, or Movie lists that aren't mapped using the defaults.  Also the default series option is to record all episodes for that channel.

Martin

Will just see how it goes for now, not sure if there are many genres in New Zealand tv guides anyway.

emveepee

Yes, for live tv, I've convinced myself (correctly I think) v4 started in about 7 seconds whereas v5 is about 20, but yes I'll send some logs over.

It might be worth checking stats for nerds in Emby to see if v4 and v5 have a difference in direct play.

Martin

arrbee99

By the way, its recording (theoretically) at the moment - should it show anything in the dashboard in connection with that ?

arrbee99

It might be worth checking stats for nerds in Emby to see if v4 and v5 have a difference in direct play.

Martin

Will hopefully remember to check later, don't wan't to disturb things while its (hopefully) recording.

It transcodes for Chrome, which I guess is expected, and same as for v4.