Emby creates huge *.ts files in /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp

wp.rauchholz

wp.rauchholz

As topic title explains. emby created now in several occasions these files that left my hard disk with no available space.

This morning I found two ts files: 18GB and 24GB.

I checked recordings jobs on the server, but could not find any. When and how are these files created?

Thanks Wolfgang

Hi.  Probably someone watching Live TV for several hours.

Please see discussion here.

Thanks.

wp.rauchholz

I looked into this.

I streamed live TV on an iPad. I run EMBY Version 4.1.1.0 on a CENTOS 7 homeserver.

I finished streaming on the iPad by swiping up on the emby card to shut down the process. Streaming on the iPad stopped.

Checking on the server,  I saw that the stream continues there although I had shut down the process on the iPad.

I stopped streaming on dashboard page cancelling on "Active Devices". I did this @ 8:01.

Look on the time stamp of "pic 01". At 8.08 it reads 'Last seen 7 minutes ago'. But on the HD (pic 02) you can appreciate that the streaming continues. At 8:08 the file had grown to 1,5GB

That does not look right to me.

Wolfgang

post-261768-0-59332900-1560320720_thumb.png

post-261768-0-19265700-1560320723_thumb.png

post-261768-0-00987800-1560320858_thumb.png

Edited by wp.rauchholz

wp.rauchholz

No, I did not. Swiping down should stop the process. Yhis is the most natural behaviour you will find from users. It is the same when you stop streaming youtube. I venture that most users don't hit stop buttom, but swipe the card up

Wolfgang