Audio Transcode need a lot resources

K1ng_Lear

K1ng_Lear

I am not sure if this really is an issue but i guess it is one. I run server 4.2.0.12 on a DS916+ and used the android client 1.7.26 on a Nvidia Shield. Due to i don't think that it is a beta issue i posted in this thread, so if it's in the wrong category feel free to move the post.

What issue did I encounter?

I tried to watch an anime serie with flac as audio codec. In the reference to the emby dashboard is the lack of the support of this audio codec triggering a transcode. Till here is everything fine but now is it, in my opinion, going a little bit weird.

The transcoder never get enough puffer to play the show flawless. It seems that the CPU isn't powerful enough to do the job while the CPU is running at 50%. Also I think that the transcoding of an audiostream is less demanding than a full transcode, which i can do without a problem.

So the question is this really an issue?

Is FLAC so special that you need more power to transcode the audio stream than you transcode full movie?

I attached the Logs.

Thx for help

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-dce919a0-abf9-4a52-88ec-2626dc4d219f_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-42ba86d6-bda0-4a99-82a9-70e5d22a0b8e_1.txt

Hi, this log contains 10-bit video transcoding. That is the reason for the high resource consumption, not the flac audio.

K1ng_Lear

Hi, this log contains 10-bit video transcoding. That is the reason for the high resource consumption, not the flac audio.

Thx for the info. This explains a lot.