Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly. Error App: Error loading assembly /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins/FolderSync.dll

silver_2000

silver_2000

We woke up to the synology being very active - we can tell by the disk sounds - the emby web interface is not accessible 
Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly.  

In the log I see this and first readable error 

2019-06-10 10:47:47.834 Error App: Error loading assembly /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins/FolderSync.dll
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.1.1.0
Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.1.1.0/EmbyServer.dll -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121
Operating system: Unix 4.4.59.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/netcore/2.2.1/runtime/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.1.1.0
System.BadImageFormatException: System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromStream(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, IntPtr ptrAssemblyArray, Int32 iAssemblyArrayLen, IntPtr ptrSymbols, Int32 iSymbolArrayLen, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromStream(Stream assembly, Stream assemblySymbols) in /source/coreclr/src/mscorlib/src/System/Runtime/Loader/AssemblyLoadContext.cs:line 156
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly) in /source/coreclr/src/mscorlib/shared/System/Reflection/Assembly.cs:line 179
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.LoadAssembly(String file)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: IntPtr LoadFromStream(IntPt

the synology dashboard doesnt show that much activity 

we have restarted both emby and synology and we still see same error  

Ideas welcome 

Try deleting all files underneath:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins

Then restart the server. Thanks.

silver_2000

deleted IsoMounter.dll and stopped and restarted emby

same error - ill give it a few min 

Edited by silver_2000

silver_2000

is the password for the user embysvr saved in the server or DB somewhere  

we changed it recently and wanted to be sure it wasnt causing issues 

Edited by silver_2000

Mychale6563

Try deleting all files underneath:

Then restart the server. Thanks.

Hey Luke.... Silver_2000 is my hubby so we're troubleshooting these issues together. I've been building and running this media server since 2014 and have NEVER had any issues like this. It's always been very stable.  Granted I always used my PC as the server and used the Beta versions.... the Synology is new to me but it's been working just fine up until the 4.1.1.0-1 update. It seems like everything has been falling apart since then. And now it completely inaccessible. Did you ever see the details on ALL the issues that are going on with our server since the last update? I'm just wondering if  this issue and all the other problems we've been having may be connected. If you haven't already reviewed my other documentation on our issues you can read them at the link below and view all the screenshots. I sure hope you can help us with this!

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72643-41026-package-availability/?p=744319

What did you actually delete because there are still lots of errors from third party plugins:

Error creating PeopleBackup.Plugin

Can you please try again? Thanks.

silver_2000

I deleted the one file from

there are a number of plugins here in different path 

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/plugins

is that the one you want emptied ?

From here:

Please delete everything in that folder. Thanks.

silver_2000

okay... THANK YOU! That seems to have worked. The server is now back up and a few of the plugins are beginning to reload. But not all of them. will they reinstall on their own? or should we go in and re-install the ones that are missing?

Mychale6563

From here:

Please delete everything in that folder. Thanks.

Hey Luke.... so that worked. And some of my plugins returned.... I should have waited to hear back from you to install the other plugins, but alas... I got impatient... my apologies... LOL! Anyway, it happened again. I made the mistake of installing several plugins at the same time (I'm an IT gal so I know how STUPID that was) so I'm not sure which plugin is the culprit. Is it possible to tell which plugin is the root cause of the issue? I'd prefer not to have to go totally plugin free if I can avoid it. Your input if VERY appreciated!

Without an obvious source of the crash it's hard to say. You'd have to just add them back one at a time until you run into it again.