Emby Server as party host

Dibbes

Dibbes

I'm looking to implement Emby as a media server in a corporate environment. One of the "nice to haves" is a way to setup Emby as a party host, so that people can join a broadcast at whichever time of the broadcast with their device or on the webpage.

I was thinking that whenever there is a broadcast going on, everyone with the server's address can join by connecting and entering a PIN on their device/app. At this point sound and maybe video is synchronized to their device/app.

This could be expanded by adding the possibility to choose audio stream or add subtitles (if available) per connection if the user so desires...

Scott D

Not sure how this would fit in with your desired outcome, but something to consider.

I am assuming that the “broadcast” is something that is being created in-house.  A lecture, or company speech, etc. 

Using something like a Hauppauge tuner with composite input, feed the “broadcast” thru the tuner and have it available as “Live TV”.  People could jump in as a live broadcast.  You could also have a recording of the “broadcast” that could then also be accessed for those that want to watch the entire “broadcast” from the beginning.

I’m not sure if the Hauppauge tuners do a tuner sharing like the HDHomerun products, but if it does, the stream would be shared with as many users as your servers will support.

This is not something I have tried, or even have the necessary hardware to test, but a work-around I would consider if trying to do this myself.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Dibbes

Not sure how this would fit in with your desired outcome, but something to consider.

I am assuming that the “broadcast” is something that is being created in-house. A lecture, or company speech, etc.

Using something like a Hauppauge tuner with composite input, feed the “broadcast” thru the tuner and have it available as “Live TV”. People could jump in as a live broadcast. You could also have a recording of the “broadcast” that could then also be accessed for those that want to watch the entire “broadcast” from the beginning.

I’m not sure if the Hauppauge tuners do a tuner sharing like the HDHomerun products, but if it does, the stream would be shared with as many users as your servers will support.

This is not something I have tried, or even have the necessary hardware to test, but a work-around I would consider if trying to do this myself.

Good Luck!

I would really need to look into this as I've never done anything with what is considered live tv on emby. It seems like a workable suggestion though. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk