Emby Server will not load

suspct
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

suspct

Hi,

I have been using emby now for almost a year with no issue, this morning when i went to load content on my

Roku showed:

connection failed: Connection refused

So i logged into the windows machine running the server and attempted to load the server GUI from the tray and received the following error

localhost refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have attempted multiple server reboots and restarting the emby server. I have also tried removing the system.dll from the emby folder and then restarting the server, this actually brings up the gui with the start up wizard but as soon as i drop the old file back in it will not work.

I have attached the log file.

Cheers

embyserver.txt

denz

What about if you type this address in your browser localhost:8095 does it still give you the same error 

Sammy

In Task Manager kill Emby Server and Emby Tray, possibly ffmpeg too.

Go to Programs and reload Emby Server.

Wait 30ish seconds.

Refresh the server dashboard.

Hopefully @@Luke can ferret out the issue(s) here. THANKS!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

acroninj

I have been having the same issue since about 11pm last night. Reboot computer, and emby gets as far as

2019-06-10 09:27:33.672 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Started.

Then dies.

PeterKvist

Sorry if I posted the wrong place. I installed released version, and problem is the same as with the beta version.

Emby server starts up, opens the embytray app, and closes again. embytray app is the only thing running?

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Sorry if I posted the wrong place. I installed released version, and problem is the same as with the beta version.

Emby server starts up, opens the embytray app, and closes again. embytray app is the only thing running?

Looking at your log it shows you downgraded from beta to stable as the majority of the plugins fail.  It can be impossible to troubleshoot situations like this.

• Solution

Hi,

I have been using emby now for almost a year with no issue, this morning when i went to load content on my

Roku showed:

connection failed: Connection refused

So i logged into the windows machine running the server and attempted to load the server GUI from the tray and received the following error

localhost refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have attempted multiple server reboots and restarting the emby server. I have also tried removing the system.dll from the emby folder and then restarting the server, this actually brings up the gui with the start up wizard but as soon as i drop the old file back in it will not work.

I have attached the log file.

Cheers

@@suspct, please shutdown the server, then delete all files from this folder:

C:\Users\leigh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

Then start the server up and see how that compares. Thanks.

• Like 2

Sammy

@@suspct, please shutdown the server, then delete all files from this folder:

C:\Users\leigh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins
Then start the server up and see how that compares. Thanks.
Would one then need to reinstall and reconfigure all plugins?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

It is probably being caused by a third party plugin, so you'd have to add them back one at a time.

suspct

Thank you everyone for your help it ended up being a plugin 

VeraHomeAutomation.dll

As soon as i removed it from the "C:\Users\leigh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins" Folder Emby started working again.

Cheers

chef

Okay, the  plugin should gracefully exit if no Vera units are found on the network, but I'll recheck the logic, and push an update.

Sammy

Okay, the  plugin should gracefully exit if no Vera units are found on the network, but I'll recheck the logic, and push an update.

I see you have a new one ready to roll. I'll put it on my beta server but for now have removed it from my stable server as I've been having this issue where EmbyTray will have several instances causing EmbyServer to crash. Don't know if it is related or not.. Maybe there's issues with theme videos and statistics too? BTW, I'm not using Surveillance presently because I could never get my two Amcrest Cams to show up. 

Edited by Sammy

chef

I realize what I did. My new service entry points where returning errors if no vera devices where present.

This has been fixed now, as seen in the image below. Now there won;t be an issue when people install the plugin but have no home automation devices.  

5cffa5086977c_showFixes.png

chef

I see you have a new one ready to roll. I'll put it on my beta server but for now have removed it from my stable server as I've been having this issue where EmbyTray will have several instances causing EmbyServer to crash. Don't know if it is related or not.. Maybe there's issues with theme videos and statistics too? BTW, I'm not using Surveillance presently because I could never get my two Amcrest Cams to show up.

@@Sammy apparently you might have to run "refresh internet channels" scheduled tasks after add cameras to the plugin.

• Like 1

Sammy

@@Sammy apparently you might have to run "refresh internet channels" scheduled tasks after add cameras to the plugin.

Thanks! I have not had the time to do anything with this yet.. Busy Busy Busy..