No access to Emby server Interface

Chokotof
Go to solution Solved by alucryd,

Chokotof

Hi All,

I have successfully installed Emby 4.1.1.0 on an Asustor AS6204T.

Looking into the setup, I have changed the IP address to match the host IP. Saved.

Since that change, I cannot access to the user interface anymore.

I have uninstalled Emby, removed the user files (User Homes > Emby), and reinstalled the Emby package.

Still no access to interface.

I was thinking that cleaning up the Emby preference files (SSH) would help, but I cannot find them in the directories.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, were you able to locate the main emby data folder? Under that it would be in config/system.xml

Chokotof

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I am not able to locate the path to the main emby folder. 

Could you please indicate the complete path where files are located?

Thanks,

Chokotof

Hi,

I deleted the /home/emby folder from the Asustor interface after uninstalling.

After I tried to reinstall, but the /home/emby folder were not re-created..

• Solution
alucryd

@@Chokotof

Could you please run the following via SSH and try installing emby again (you may need to be root) ?

groupdel emby
userdel emby
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello.

Running Asustor AS7004T with AMD version 3.5.1.R8C1. Emby version 4.4.3.0_x86-64 APK. After updating emby to this last version i got huge issues with duplicate files , movies wouldnt play or music files from the TV. I could connect with laptop and play . Decided to clean everything and try a fresh install. So i uninnstalled the emby server and deleted all files in user home dir. Installed the emby server again but now i cant connect to it or do i see any files have been added when i check file directory in AMD . Have tried all advice i have seen in this tread but no luck so far. Other apps running is : Mono, X.Org and FFmpeg. Any advise will be apriciated . Not sure how i can see all files in AMD if there may be an issue there ....since emby doesnt create a directory in user home .

Thanks 

On 10/2/2020 at 12:15 AM, Terje said:

Hello.

Running Asustor AS7004T with AMD version 3.5.1.R8C1. Emby version 4.4.3.0_x86-64 APK. After updating emby to this last version i got huge issues with duplicate files , movies wouldnt play or music files from the TV. I could connect with laptop and play . Decided to clean everything and try a fresh install. So i uninnstalled the emby server and deleted all files in user home dir. Installed the emby server again but now i cant connect to it or do i see any files have been added when i check file directory in AMD . Have tried all advice i have seen in this tread but no luck so far. Other apps running is : Mono, X.Org and FFmpeg. Any advise will be apriciated . Not sure how i can see all files in AMD if there may be an issue there ....since emby doesnt create a directory in user home .

Thanks 

HI, I see you have created a separate topic. We'll help you there. Thanks.