Roku - Simulate Xbox "next up"

nagetech

nagetech

Howdy everyone! and happy weekend.

I just switched from the xbox to a Roku Ultra, and am loving the experience so far.

There is something though that I miss from the Xbox app that I'm hoping can be "squeezed" into the roku app.

On the xbox app, when an episode of a show was near the end, the bottom of the screen would have the next episode synopsis as well as 2 options of "start now" and "hide"

I would love to see that on the Roku app! Who do I have to buy a 6 pack of beer for ?

Thanks!

Hi.  We will look at getting this into this app in the future.

I think it is the only one missing it now...

Thanks.

@@speechles - I'll handle this one since I can just copy from Android TV.

nagetech

Hi.  We will look at getting this into this app in the future.

I think it is the only one missing it now...

Thanks.

@@speechles - I'll handle this one since I can just copy from Android TV.

Thanks ebr for the quick reply!

Not that I'm pushing you or anything, just curious, is this something that is super hard to do? Or something a week or 2 away?

Needless to say I'm super excited that you replied!

Thanks ebr for the quick reply!

Not that I'm pushing you or anything, just curious, is this something that is super hard to do? Or something a week or 2 away?

Needless to say I'm super excited that you replied!

We are solidifying the current beta for release right now.  After that, I will work on this early in the next beta cycle.

nagetech

We are solidifying the current beta for release right now.  After that, I will work on this early in the next beta cycle.

Great!

Keep in the loop amigo! Once we get my bug sorted out (from the other post we're chatting on) and this gets added, the Roku will be perfect for me!

@@ebr unfortunately there will have to be some kind of option to disable it (strings for this are already in the json so no translations required can use tokens) because you know it hasn't been there for so long that people will go "WTF IS THIS!!!???" and then come here and chastise us for even thinking that was cool to put that there. It needs to slide in/slide out the same way as the overlay does to look good. And it also has to have that way to NOT be there. It is uber annoying to see that pop up over the last bits of things you watch. So much easier to press down, navigate to the >| and choose next manually. I would never enable the option which is why I never even noticed it missing. ^_^

Edited by speechles