Faded playback when shuffling or play all used

supergeek

supergeek

The video is actually playing behind the no streams error and clicking the error obviously stops it and goes onto the next episode.

@@SamES may have some thoughts on that, but that dialog would only come up if the tizen player reports a problem with it.

FrostByte

Can we get a copy of the file that causes the error to pop up on your TV?Ā  I can't tell from the log which one that is.Ā  Thanks

SamES

Yes, a sample video would help. Ā You can PM a link to dropbox or some other location with a file. Ā Thanks

supergeek

I've PM'd you both a link to some files which cause the issue but it is literally every second file that plays no matter what the file type it seems.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks.Ā  It's going to take awhile for me to download.Ā  My satellite connection is real slow right now

FrostByte

I'm seeing the same thing as supergeek using the latest files provided when using shuffle.Ā  It's converting the audio and Direct Streaming.Ā  First one plays fine, but second one always has a dark tint if it converts the audio.Ā  I've merged all 3 files in the same folder and it never happens with the Charlie and Lola one which plays fine, so I believe it's something to do with when Emby converts the audio for the other 2 and they are being shuffled or play all..

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Would you mind reading this and seeing if this sounds the same:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/issues/3422

Ā 

I realize the resulting issue is the same, but I'm wondering if its' the same cause or not. Thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

It is very possible they are the same.Ā  Different apps and different steps, but basically it's doing the same thing (changing/converting audio and playing the next episode which causes a dark screen)

Edited by FrostByte

SamES

I can reproduce this. Ā I've seen this before and fixed it, but I'll find out what's going on. Ā 

Ā 

Quick way to reproduce it

• Start playing a series
  • When playback starts, press the next episode button >|
  • Once the next episode starts, change the quality to another setting but ensure it will transcode
  • Like 1

supergeek

Wow, thanks team that's awesome. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier but I was sleepingĀ  :)

Ā 

Can't wait for the next release!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...