Playlists for movies

Ninko

Ninko

Hi,

From what I can tell, playlists seems to have been aimed more towards music, it would be nice if you could select a type of playlist, whether that be music or TV shows/movies and have the playlist behave accordingly.

Thanks

Hi, you can create a playlist based on videos. Does this answer your question?

Ninko

You can but it's not layed out for movies, for example when you select an item from the playlist it plays it rather then showing you more information about it.

Thanks

Ok, I understand. I think there are better ways to handle that though. What about something in the 3-dot menu next to each playlist item?

Ninko

That's not very convenient on, say the Roku app.

I thought maybe you could be asked what type of playlist would you like to create, like you do when creating a library?

We could also simplify even more without an option and just have videos within playlists go to the detail screen rather than playing right away.

That's not very convenient on, say the Roku app.

The Roku app already handles this...

Ninko

You could do, but I also mean the layout of it... In playlists thumbnails are smaller which is fine for music tracks, but doesn't look so good for video.

• Like 1

You could do, but I also mean the layout of it... In playlists thumbnails are smaller which is fine for music tracks, but doesn't look so good for video.

On the playlist screen we could always have view settings just like any other list screen, right?

• Like 1