Import/export music artists data

almaster
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

almaster

Hi. I want to import my hundreds music artists data (with musicbrainz id, biography, lot of artworks and more) used in my Kodi installation. This is essential for me to browse my large music collection. I don't want to use the Emby embedded online scrapers because i've customized lot of data of my library (expecially artworks, biography and missing artists in musicbrainz). I've searched the forum on how to manage the music artists data (with nfo) but i've read controversials posts so i suppose the features have been changed. In Kodi i can import/export with nfo files; with Emby server version 4.1.1.0, how can i import/export my music artists data? Thanks

Edited by almaster

almaster

I suspect that it is not possible to import/export music artists metadata. So, summarizing: theaudiodb plugin doesn't work with synolgy server, lastfm plugin doesn't work with images (only a big star as image) and doesn't support multilanguage, and there is no plugin that allows me to import hundreds of artists metadata stored in a nfo or xml (or any other type) file... Definitely Emby is not good for music in my case and i don't understand why a basic functionality like import artists metadata is missing. Does anyone know if something will be implemented soon? As a commercial regulation, is it possible to resell the unused premiere subscription to someone who can consider it useful? Thanks

pünktchen

You can use the "People Backup" plugin to import your music artist metadata. Please test it with a smaller subset of your files.

Currently they are not supported but this is something we hope to be able to add in the future. thanks.

almaster

You can use the "People Backup" plugin to import your music artist metadata. Please test it with a smaller subset of your files.

YES! Thanks! I've never tried this plugin, and now finally i can import the nfo with biography and other metadata for music artists. Unfortunately I was not able to correctly import the images because it seems that I can only import one image, and if there is a folder.jpg (or poster.jpg) together with a fanart.jpg it only imports the fanart as a poster image; also logo and other types are ignored. However it is already something that works. Export works perfectly. I hope this plugin will be fixed because it is perfect for those with large personal libraries that are not present in musicbrainz or other metadata providers.

almaster

Please post a screenshot of one folder with those problematic images.

Ok. To simplify, i attach a test with a single artist. My configuration is set up with a separate folder for artist metadata. The first image shows the contents of the folder containing the artist's data that i want to import (kodi 18 compatible). The second image is a screenshot of the artist's page after importing the data through the "People Backup" plugin. The third image is a screenshot of the edit images part of the artist's page, to understand exactly how the images were imported.

How we can see, all the metadata in the artist.nfo were imported perfectly, but the images were incorrectly imported (ignored folder.jpg and imported two times fanart.jpg).

But in the fourth image we can see a test: renaming clearlogo.png to logo.png, the logo is imported correctly and, if i remove the fanart files, the folder.jpg was correctly imported as artist's thumb. In any case I could not get the fanart imported as a backdrop. I've tried ranaming folder.jpg to cover.jpg or poster.jpg, but the result is always the same.

post-432028-0-04307700-1560417028_thumb.jpg

post-432028-0-74831500-1560417028_thumb.jpg

post-432028-0-20462300-1560417029_thumb.jpg

post-432028-0-31096400-1560417031_thumb.jpg

• Solution
pünktchen

Version 1.3.1.0 should fix your image parsing problems. I've also added a new option that you should use, because your artists folder is a "Kodi artist information" folder.

The original, now legacy Emby artists folder uses "logo" instead of "clearlogo" and a subfolder "extrafanart". Without this new option you will get duplicates in case of "Backup".

• Like 1

almaster

Version 1.3.1.0 should fix your image parsing problems. I've also added a new option that you should use, because your artists folder is a "Kodi artist information" folder.

The original, now legacy Emby artists folder uses "logo" instead of "clearlogo" and a subfolder "extrafanart". Without this new option you will get duplicates in case of "Backup".

Thanks thanks thanks! This plugin is essential to use my huge and personal music library and now I can find the perfect setup for my emby installation! Thank you very much!

almaster

Please give a short feedback if it's working now for you. Thanks.

Yes. I imported all my personal library and for now I didn't find any errors; seems to work perfectly! If I find something strange, I'll let you know here. Thanks!

• Like 1