Intel Quicksync ffmpeg doesn't support 10bit

xunix

On 6/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, curtis03 said:

I believe I tried 4.4.3, but it didn't help. I'm currently using the beta 4.5.0.13, let me know if I should back down to 4.4.3. But for now, here are my current logs.

ffmpeg-transcode-398b2680-9c5e-4c00-92d4-3b00b6701cb4_1.txt 123.1 kB · 0 downloads

Great, thanks. @softworkz will take a look at this.

• 3 weeks later...
curtis03

I'm sure you guys are busy with bigger fish and summer vacation time. Was just curious if there was any digging into this.

@curtis03 - The scale_vaapi filter on your device does not support color conversion from 10bit to 8bit. Unfortunately, this is hardly possible to detect automatically, so I think we should probably add an option for disabling the use of scale_vaapi in combination with 10 bit video.

It might be possible to fix this by updating to the latest Intel drivers, but that's just a general statement, without considering your hw and sw setup.

• Like 1

curtis03

@softworkz Thanks for looking into this. Anything to help improve the situation would be appreciated. My system is a NAS, so I don't have a lot of control over drivers. I've been keeping the system up-to-date, but I don't think they are touching anything that would help improve the system.

Edited by curtis03

2 hours ago, curtis03 said:

@softworkz Thanks for looking into this. Anything to help improve the situation would be appreciated. My system is a NAS, so I don't have a lot of control over drivers. I've been keeping the system up-to-date, but I don't think they are touching anything that would help improve the system.

We are still looking into it. Thanks.

• 3 months later...