• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 AM

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Emby is been lacking in updates, features and stability which makes me leave.
Is been like 3 softwares updates that they mention about the IPTV timestamp been fix but still doesn't work,Last 2 updates broke my database and I had to start from scratch because of it. In my mobile phone the app crashes intermittent,the release updates are lacking and when they release one they break other things.

Hopefully in the future everything works out for good but at the moment is just not for me.

Edited by Rosario Family, 07 June 2019 - 04:43 PM.

#2 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:10 PM

Cool. For interest sake, what are you moving to?

Plex

#3 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:14 AM

As a consumer of the software I can post How I feel with the software because believe it or not the developers read this and it does matter for them. Now why you replying in a topic that is not your concern just keep scrolling in the forum and don't put mind to it and enjoy your software!
  • SikSlayer likes this

#4 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5281 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:23 AM

You must understand that with a topic such as this it can be seen as flame bait or an attempt to just be nasty. I see none of that here. But people line up to back the software because you posted this on the forum for that software. So yes no one will close this. It is your thread you have your opinion and others are entitled to read that to form their own opinion. But at the same time you can't chastise others for wanting to put their spin or two cents into the argument. You created the thread but you did not create the atmosphere that your thread is using. That is the community atmosphere and as such the community is welcome to participate in any and all threads.

What shortcoming has left you waving goodbye? Is there any clue you can give as to why? Any observations others can see how you arrived at your decision would help here. Then these shortcomings can possibly be addressed. Without knowing what they are all we can do is wonder.

• BAlGaInTl likes this

#5 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2724 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

The OP has a total of 11 posts, 3 of which are in this thread. I see no other topics started by the OP, especially one reporting the problem(s) the OP is experiencing with logs as specifically indicated in the "How to Report a Problem" sticky.

Edited by Sammy, 07 June 2019 - 07:13 AM.

#6 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 AM
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:59 AM

If you Judge Emby by IPTV, It does lack a few updates (Updates are promised this year) but Plex is definitely a step in the wrong direction!

• CarlosLima, BillOatman, jbirmingham40 and 1 other like this

#7 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

Lol this is funny! How Emby have a bunch of cheerleaders behind them,is my f opinion and I don't give 2 s#@* what you guys think. The software at this moment is not for me like I mention in my first post if you can't read then that's not my fault. maybe in the future when everything is fix then I'll return.
I'm the one who's paying my software,none of you are so I decide if a software meets my needs or not. I won't respond anymore so if someone wants to close the thread go right ahead!!
  • SikSlayer likes this

#8 C.S. OFFLINE  

C.S.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:51 AM

Something tells me you won't like plex either.

• Pog22, Radiance76 and slidvendetta like this

#9 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2724 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

Lol this is funny! How Emby have a bunch of cheerleaders behind them,is my f opinion and I don't give 2 s#@* what you guys think. The software at this moment is not for me like I mention in my first post if you can't read then that's not my fault. maybe in the future when everything is fix then I'll return.
I'm the one who's paying my software,none of you are so I decide if a software meets my needs or not. I won't respond anymore so if someone wants to close the thread go right ahead!!

So now fully 1/3 of your posts are in this thread and none are properly seeking help. Learn how to help yourself whether here or in Plex.

Good Luck and Good Riddance.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
  • darkassassin07 likes this

#10 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Local time: 04:03 PM

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:50 AM

IPTV needs complete rework in emby thats a fact and by my humble opinion is the most "not stable" part of it, but Emby in general for Plex is "television in color" if u know what i mean :-)

#11 BillOatman OFFLINE  

BillOatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

IPTV needs complete rework in emby thats a fact and by my humble opinion is the most "not stable" part of it, but Emby in general for Plex is "television in color" if u know what i mean :-)

In Emby pr Plex?  In Plex it is nearly impossible to use.  That's the reason I switched from Plex to Emby, IPTV.  Both have their good points and bad points, but Emby is light-years ahead of Plex for IPTV as far as I am concerned.

Edited by BillOatman, 07 June 2019 - 12:39 PM.

• Sammy, EODCrafter and jbirmingham40 like this

#12 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

You mention
"lacking in updates, features and stability"

This Emby platform could use some more Emby TLC, but can understand the planning of Dev resources to more popular platforms  :rolleyes: 

#13 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

In Emby pr Plex?  In Plex it is nearly impossible to use.  That's the reason I switched from Plex to Emby, IPTV.  Both have their good points and bad points, but Emby is light-years ahead of Plex for IPTV as far as I am concerned.

In emby unfortunately, lack of management of iptv (channels, sorting, groups, restricting m3u tuner for some users, u cant have 5 same channels in diffrent resoultions since emby cuts them out based on epg link for channel, etc...), also there are very different results for iptv on emby clients, for example Emby theater is by far most unstable for iptv (atleast my experience), its hit n miss basically while same channels work in webapp or android app for example.

Edited by kikinjo, 07 June 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#14 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46402 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

Hopefully in the future everything works out for good but at the moment is just not for me.

Hi.  Without knowing exactly what issues you had or features you wanted, the only chance we have of getting there will be by sheer luck. :)

So, if you would take the time to tell us at least some of that detail, it may help us be better for you in the future.

Thanks!

• Sammy, chyron8472, Charlie117 and 1 other like this

#15 BillOatman OFFLINE  

BillOatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:35 PM

In emby unfortunately, lack of management of iptv (channels, sorting, groups, restricting m3u tuner for some users, u cant have 5 same channels in diffrent resoultions since emby cuts them out based on epg link for channel, etc...), also there are very different results for iptv on emby clients, for example Emby theater is by far most unstable for iptv (atleast my experience), its hit n miss basically while same channels work in webapp or android app for example.

Have you tried the Plex IPTV yet? :)  The only clients I use are Roku and Shield (AndroidTV) since I prefer to watch TV on my TV :) and they are pretty stable (albeit slow for some things on the Roku, but for the price I put up with it on my rarely used TV). So our frame of reference is very different.

#16 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2724 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

The OP never mentioned iptv. Why all the discussion about it? In fact, we don't even know what the problems the OP experienced as the OP never said, not in this thread anyhow.

• BAlGaInTl, EODCrafter and slidvendetta like this

#17 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:52 PM

Can you please have someone close the thread?
Thanks!

Hi. Without knowing exactly what issues you had or features you wanted, the only chance we have of getting there will be by sheer luck. :)

So, if you would take the time to tell us at least some of that detail, it may help us be better for you in the future.

Thanks!

#18 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5281 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

The OP never mentioned iptv. Why all the discussion about it? In fact, we don't even know what the problems the OP experienced as the OP never said, not in this thread anyhow.

All we can do is guess. Unfortunately the fellow said he was not going to reply again and may as well close the thread. This is not required because open ended debate is better. Someone may see this closed and think we do not embrace a different opinion. That somehow things are biased and there is a bot auto-closing threads. There is no bot required here. There is a bot required on some other forums to keep people from bringing up old threads that may no longer have relevance. There is no bot closing threads here or a reason to close this thread.

The odd thing here is the community polices itself. There is rarely a situation where you have people bringing the hate just to bring the hate. If you have a problem please mention what it is. It doesn't just help get us there in the future but it helps sell your argument. That indeed you have found a fault.

IPTV is mentioned because it is a fault of Emby at the moment. Emby is not strong in that area as it could be. That is mostly because of what IPTV can be. It can be illegal. So we cannot direct play these for the most part in any app. That would be against the terms of service of these app-stores that any illegal streams be streamed directly to the device. So Emby server acts as the gateway/guardian and repacks these streams. In this way Emby is insulated sort-of when people decide to use Emby in ways it was not intended. This precludes these app stores from seeing the stream URL from the IPTV provider you use. Now only Emby sees the real url and the app sees a url with your server IP instead. This is done both to protect you as an individual and Emby as a whole. It is not done to protect the person selling illegal streams via Emby. Those people do it until they get caught. You can't stop them. You can only protect yourself from their abuse.

So knowing all that you can partly see why IPTV is the way it is. Each country has laws that make IPTV different regarding what can and cannot be done. Emby cannot find itself being guilty in these countries of any wrong doing. Hence IPTV will never be direct played unless it is from an app not dependent on any app store ecosystem or terms of service. Sorry.

As far as why the fella really dislikes Emby? He mentions he paid. So something in the benefits that Emby provides is an area where he finds fault. IPTV is in that wheel house. It might be IPTV. It might be he wants piracy and direct play IPTV on his app store version of an app. That will never happen. Now or in the future. Sorry again.

Edited by speechles, 07 June 2019 - 04:04 PM.

• RobWayBro, Wondertje and slidvendetta like this

#19 Rosario Family OFFLINE  

Rosario Family

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Kid you don't even know what you talking about! They have been like 3 updates saying that they fix the IPTV issue and still there, last 2 updates that were lease wipe out my database and I had build it again and I did reported this but no one did anyobecause there's nothing they can do when something like this happen I have my reasons why I want to leave at the moment and if I want to close the thread is my choice because I was the one who open it. Don't be a ass kisser and don't put your nose where no one call you. Everyone attacking me because I want to leave or because I don't post my issues which I did in the thread and in other posts, just because doesn't appear to you a good excuse for me to leave that's your problem!!!

All we can do is guess. Unfortunately the fellow said he was not going to reply again and may as well close the thread. This is not required because open ended debate is better. Someone may see this closed and think we do not embrace a different opinion. That somehow things are biased and there is a bot auto-closing threads. There is no bot required here. There is a bot required on some other forums to keep people from bringing up old threads that may no longer have relevance. There is no bot closing threads here or a reason to close this thread.

The odd thing here is the community polices itself. There is rarely a situation where you have people bringing the hate just to bring the hate. If you have a problem please mention what it is. It doesn't just help get us there in the future but it helps sell your argument. That indeed you have found a fault.

IPTV is mentioned because it is a fault of Emby at the moment. Emby is not strong in that area as it could be. That is mostly because of what IPTV can be. It can be illegal. So we cannot direct play these for the most part in any app. That would be against the terms of service of these apps stores that any illegal streams be streamed directly to the device. So Emby server acts as the gateway/guardian and repacks these streams. In this way Emby is insulated sort-of when people decide to use Emby in ways it was not intended. This precludes these app stores from seeing the stream URL from the website you use. Now only Emby sees the real url and the app sees a url with your server IP instead. This is done both to protect you as an individual and Emby as a whole. It is not done to protect the person selling illegal streams via Emby. Those people do it until they get caught. You can't stop them. You can only protect yourself from their abuse.

So knowing all that you can partly see why IPTV is the way it is. Each country has laws that make IPTV different regarding what can and cannot be done. Emby cannot find itself being guilty in these countries of any wrong doing. Hence IPTV will never be direct played unless it is from an app not dependent on any app store ecosystem or terms of service. Sorry.

As far as why the fella really dislikes Emby? He mentions he paid. So something in the benefits that Emby provides is an area where he finds fault. IPTV is in that wheel house. It might be IPTV. It might be he wants piracy and direct play IPTV on his app store version of an app. That will never happen. Now or in the future. Sorry again.

#20 Wondertje OFFLINE  

Wondertje

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCold North

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

This is just verging on proper trolling. Wish there was a way to dislike.

• Deathsquirrel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users