Not finding TV show metadata

rechigo

rechigo

Emby seems to be having trouble scanning the metadata for a series I have. My library type is set to Tv Shows and I have all metadata sources in use to try to search for the metadata. My series is "Star Wars the Clone Wars" and the episode names are in the format "Star Wars The Clone Wars 03X15 Overlords.mkv"

Where "03X15" represents the season and episode, and "Overlords" is the episode name in this case. I am running server version 4.1.1.0 (latest) Any help would be appreciated as there is no way I am going to manually search for/enter the metadata for 6 seasons (over 150 episodes) worth of video.

rechigo

Hi there, can you please show us what the folder and file structures look like? Did you compare that to our supported naming conventions?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV-naming

Thanks.

As of now, this series is in a folder called Tv_Shows with no sub folders, all episodes are stored in that same directory. Should I work on moving them into the naming conventions specified on the GitHub page?

rechigo

Alright I organized them according to the github page, It's getting metadata now, but It's completely incorrect and unrelated to the content that I am trying to put in. 

rechigo

Uhhh nevermind.... I tried rescanning again for the last time and it worked. Weird