Odd Song/Music Issue

rhodges

rhodges

I do not sync music, but I sometimes get items in my kodi's music database.

In Emby, I did a refresh metadata for 6 items and after, I noticed the theme.mp3 files got pushed into Kodi. I have many, many movies/shows with theme.mp3 in the folders, but it seems only those that I did a replace metadata somehow got pushed down to Kodi.

song.strFileName "theme.mp3"

path.strpath

"V:\Video\Movies\Death Proof (2007)\"
"V:\Video\Movies\A Fistful of Dollars (1964)\"
"V:\Video\Movies\Hot Fuzz (2007)\"
"V:\Video\Movies\Punisher War Zone (2008)\"
"V:\Video\Movies\The Punisher (2004)\"
"V:\Video\Movies\For a Few Dollars More (1965)\"

What is weird too is that my libraries have path substitution, so even if those were right, they shouldn't have v:\.

I have no libraries that are music. Only 1 Movie, 1 TV shows that point to V:\

Maybe this is more of a kodi companion issue?

Angelblue05

That is indeed strange. I will have to check the scenario. Essentially, to replicate your scenario I’d add a new theme.mp3 to a tvshow and then when it gets added, it is then added to Kodi when you start it up?

Edited by Angelblue05

rhodges

After it is all synced up, you might then need to go into Emby, metadata manager, find the movie, and refresh metadata with the replace option. I have probably 100s of movies with theme.mp3, but only recently did the fresh metadata in Emby for those 6 movies. That somehow caused it because non of the others "pushed" the theme.mp3 down.

Edit: I noticed you said "tvshow" but for me, it was movies. I don't know if it does the same with tvshows. 

Edited by rhodges
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@rhodges

A quick update on this issue. A server side fix will be coming, not sure when, but it will stop sending update events for themes when refreshing metadata. This in turn will stop what you are seeing, where themes are added as songs. Unfortunately, to remove those entries, you'll need to repair the music library (launch music add-ons > emby for kodi > open the context menu on your emby music library > repair library). I guess, you should wait until the change is applied to avoid having to do this more than once.

@@Luke

Can you leave a message here when we can expect this change? Thank you very much

rhodges

Much appreciated!  Will this be a change with the Kodi Companion plugin or Emby server itself? I'm currently running Emby 4.0.3.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The server itself. The Kodi companion records server events so it will be effected automatically by the change.