On Now etc buttons not working

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

The  "On Now, Shows...etc" buttons/links that open the full pages on the Programs page in Live TV no longer are working suddenly.

The only thing that has changed for me since yesterday is that Windows 10 on both my computers was updated to the May 2019 update build (1903).

On both the web access via browser, and the Win 10 Store app, the links work fine.

I have tried un-installing Theater and re-installing it on one computer....restarting both computers....restarted server software and refresh guide data,...no change.

Theater version 3.0.8.

First image is the normal Programs page in Theater....second image is the page that is supposed to load when u click On Now (screen-shot from web browser.)

post-72185-0-01050000-1559786034_thumb.png

post-72185-0-27332000-1559786093_thumb.png

Edited by speedingcheetah

Guest asrequested

Have you recently updated your Nvidia drivers? I just had something similar happen. I rolled back with a clean install of the previous driver and I have functionality again.

speedingcheetah

Have you recently updated your Nvidia drivers? I just had something similar happen. I rolled back with a clean install of the previous driver and I have functionality again.

No. The Nvidia driver on my desktop has not changed...only the Windows 10 OS updated.

On my laptop...that is an Intel card primary and a Nvidia Quardo card as secondary. Neither drviers have been updated and are still on the latest version there is, same as before the Win update.

speedingcheetah

Try a clean install of the driver, anyway. Windows might have messed with it.

How would a video driver affect only these certain links...on this exact page only....all the others among the other pages work fine.

What are these using in the backend code in Electron...is it html that these pages are made up of?

speedingcheetah

ok......strange.

I restarted the server software...2nd time doing so, and refreshed the Guide data, again. (Guide Refresh has to be done anytime the sever software is re-started for some reason I find, else I get No compatible streams on anything i try to play)

Now those buttons/links are working again. With no change on either client computer....so must be a sever side thing that caused it?

Is server for Linux just a bit more buggy or touchy than the Windows version?

Guest asrequested

That's weird. I would think the server would have nothing to do with the buttons, unless the target of the button were not present from the server?

speedingcheetah

That's weird. I would think the server would have nothing to do with the buttons, unless the target of the button were not present from the server?

I had thought that as well, however, they loaded fine in web browser and Win store app....sooo.....idk.

speedingcheetah

Please try restarting the app. Thanks.

First thing i did....on both computers....and pretty sure that fully un-installing the app, rebooting computer, then re-installing it, is enough to "restart" the app and then some.

Also, I only did the re-install of the app on one computer, and it still did it, same as the other computer. Both computers it started working again at the same time, the second time i re-started the server software...and i did not do anything on the other computer other than close then reopen the app a few times.

Weird thing to have happen....ill see if it happens again over the next few days.

jasonwilliams

I'm having the same issue.  I have 3 machines (2 are Windows 10, 1 is Android).  ET loads, but the "On Now" section does not populate.  When I go to the guide, it does load, but much slower than usual.  THis happens both in ET and the Web Client.  I also notice a persistent spinning wheel on the home screen - as if it's trying to load.

Note that Live TV still works fine.

Hadn't thought of manually refreshing the guide data.  That didn't fix it for me (using Schedules Direct).  I have attached the logs.

Thanks,

Jason

EmbyServer.txt

Edited by jasonwilliams

I'm having the same issue.  I have 3 machines (2 are Windows 10, 1 is Android).  ET loads, but the "On Now" section does not populate.  When I go to the guide, it does load, but much slower than usual.  THis happens both in ET and the Web Client.  I also notice a persistent spinning wheel on the home screen - as if it's trying to load.

Note that Live TV still works fine.

Hadn't thought of manually refreshing the guide data.  That didn't fix it for me (using Schedules Direct).  I have attached the logs.

Thanks,

Jason

You have a corrupted database file. You'll need to shutdown emby server and then rename this file:

C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\library.db

After which you'll need to run full library scans and guide refreshes. This file also contains user data so hopefully you have a backup of that to restore.

Typical causes of this are sudden and abrupt terminations of the emby server process - a power loss, machine crash, force closing the server process, etc.

jasonwilliams

Yikes!  Not sure how that happened.  

I can confirm that resolved the issue.  Thank god for backups!

Thx Luke.