Gamebrowser Classic version 3.0.0.39

Redshirt

Redshirt

I have no problem with that. My only concern is the configuration aspect of the plugin, I'm a ways off with the MCML UI.

techywarrior

Glad that my stupidity shed some light on an underlying issue (or at least something that can be done better)

xXSagaiaXx

Okay, tried this out. Works great. The only thing is if there's multiple files ie. discs or sound tracks it'll list it as play part 1 -12. Sometimes you need to start the game from the .cue file but MB3 doesn't see the .cue file as a playable fikle so it doesn't list it. Also gamebrowser in MB2 used to bring up the multiple file window with all the playable files, .cue file and alland not list as part but the actual file name.

S.

Redshirt

@@xXSagaiaXx

With the version I posted above I've added cue to the PSOne. As I mentioned in the original post, I'm piggybacking off of functionality that ebr added to MBC. It would be up to @@ebr if he was willing to change that popup to show some version of the file name rather than part 1, part 2 etc.

Edited by Redshirt

techywarrior

With Steam streaming now out I am actually playing a few more PC games on my HTPC (with xbox 360 controller :) ) but have ran into a minor issue.

At the moment I don't know any way to create a shortcut or bat file to launch a Steam game directly for streaming. So I changed the links for the PC games to all be shortcuts to launch Steam in Big Picture mode. (yea, it's not a great solution because I have to reselect the game I want to play but I don't know a better method)

Now, the problem is that GB/MBC launches Steam, WMC minimizes, and then WMC almost immediately maximizes again. Now Steam is in Big Picture mode behind WMC and I have to close it again. And of course, when I am done with the game I have to manually maximize/start WMC again.

I know in the past you were able to add some better logic to handle circumstances like this. Is there any way to make it work properly with the shortcut?

Here is the shortcut I am using to launch Steam:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -start steam://open/bigpicture

Redshirt

Can't you just right click on the game in steam and either in that popup menu or the properties just select create shortcut. That's all I've ever done. Not at a PC so going from memory.

techywarrior

Can't you just right click on the game in steam and either in that popup menu or the properties just select create shortcut. That's all I've ever done. Not at a PC so going from memory.

That only creates a shortcut to launch the game. But unfortunately, when they added the new streaming option the old shortcut tells you that the game isn't installed and brings up the dialog to install it.

I tried to search for a way to make a "streaming" shortcut but couldn't find anything.

xXSagaiaXx

@@xXSagaiaXx

With the version I posted above I've added cue to the PSOne. As I mentioned in the original post, I'm piggybacking off of functionality that ebr added to MBC. It would be up to @@ebr if he was willing to change that popup to show some version of the file name rather than part 1, part 2 etc.

Okay @@ebr the ball's in your court. Lol...and I know you have a lot of them in your court!