[Issue] Playback stops before end - Nvidia Shield

henriquefer

henriquefer

Hi everyone,

I am currently having some problems with my emby server running on Nvidia Shield.

Everything works fine when direct play, but when any media is transcoded, the playback stops abruptly near the end, but does not allow me to reach the end. 

Has someone else experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

Edited by henriquefer

Wondertje

Does it allow you to play to the end if you restart and jump ahead to where it cut off?

I don't know if they are all related, but this (or a similar issue) has appeared in several threads on this forum (one of which is mine) over the past few weeks from what I've seen. I don't know if it's happening on all types of machines/servers or just a few, but it seems to at least be on a few different ones. You should provide server logs that are generated after it has happened, that would increase the chance of finding the issue.

henriquefer

If I restart and jump to near the end, the show stops always near the same point. 

I cannot finish the show. 

I will provide detailed log files tomorrow. 

Sorry, I am new using emby, since I migrate from Plex because I was sick of all the issues and problems that I had with Plex. So far emby works well apart of this issue that it is also very disappointing. 

According to your experience, there is nothing that I can do to overcome this issue, right?

Wondertje

My experience is on Windows 10 / Web, but yes - there appears to be some kind of bug which not everyone can reproduce. The only way for me to overcome it is the restart the video I'm watching and skip forward to a point past where it crashed the first time, and then it will continue from there most of the time. Sometimes I need to repeat this until it stops crashing. It's annoying, but in my opinion less annoying than all the issues I had with PleX. I'm also quite new to Emby, so I can't promise that our issues are related since they're on different devices. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had a common root somewhere.

henriquefer

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

Thank you. Let me know when you have some insight into this issue. Best regards.

Edited by henriquefer

henriquefer

Moreover, I realize that sometimes the playback jumps a few seconds when transcoding. Once again, this only occurs when the media is transcoding. Everything works perfectly on direct play. Best regards.