Playback is paused in the first minute and can't be resumed

sephrat
Go to solution Solved by sephrat,

Hi guys,

I think this is not an issue related to hw acceleration. The reason why some of you are seeing a difference between hw and sw encoding is that we are currently not producing consistent results between hw accelerated encoding and sw encoding with regards to the resulting bandwidth of the video. That has the effect that hw accelerated encoding often produces video at a much higher bitrate than sw encoding.

I tend to believe that this might be a problem of Chrome not playing along when the amount of data is getting too large and not downloading the hls segments fast enough.

You could verify this by pressing F12 inside Chrome, then click on the 'Network' tab. There you can watch the progress of chrome downloading the video segments (each representing 3s of the video).

Of course we would also need to have a look at the ffmpeg logs to verify that Emby is generating the segments fast enough...

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
sephrat

@@sephrat - What's the current status of the issue at your side - are you still experiencing this?

It seems to work fine now with 4.4.0.8. The first video I used which used to stop after 10s has been playing for a few minutes now.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...