Live TV Setup

ErikaJ
Go to solution Solved by ErikaJ,

ErikaJ

Good Day...I am having this issue with the channel mapping not releasing its hold on the old mapping when it is re mapped. IOW I mapped History 2 channel originally to Viceland because that is what DTV moved it to. But since the real H@ is coming from the UK, I re-mapped it to the H@ feed from the UK. Unfortunately the mapping is still holding on to the Viceland map. Cheers...

ErikaJ

On thinking this issue out (from post above (#52), is there a database where the channel mapping is stored or even an xml file? Cheers...

ErikaJ

Good Day...Channel mapping issue has been resolved. Although this is not a prime resolution, it does achieve the end result expected which is to say that an incorrectly mapped channel can now be remapped to the correct channel map. Here is what initially happened. MB had auto mapped some channels incorrectly using MB guide data provider USA-DITV-DEFAULT. I also mapped a channel incorrectly using the same MB EPG. On some of the auto mapped streams I was able to remap them correctly if I used a channel from the same guide provider USA-DITV-DEFAULT. However, there were some instances wherein the correct mapping should have been from MB guide data provider GBR-1000193-DEFAULT (UK). Unfortunately, MB would not release the original mapping in consideration for the correct GBR mapping. I tried several attempts to get MB to relinquish its lock on the incorrect mapping but no joy.

Finally, I found a way to get MB to unlock its hold to allow me to map the channel correctly. The following steps are what I did to achieve this. Keep in mind that if you have several channels incorrectly mapped you will need to do step 4 for each incorrectly mapped channel. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it did for me.

1. ​Close down MB completely
  2. Make copy of library.db file
  3. Compact library.db file (I don't know if this part was necessary but it did reduce the size of the database by 36%)
  4. Delete the channel stream related to the incorrect mapping in the m3u file.
  5. Delete the guide data provider that contained the incorrect mapping hold (in this case USA-DITV-DEFAULT)
  6. Copy back compacted library.db file
  7. Reload m3u file and restart MB
  8. Check that previously incorrect mapping is gone
  9. Re-map channel to correct mapping program
  10. Done

Sammy

Good Day...Channel mapping issue has been resolved. Although this is not a prime resolution, it does achieve the end result expected which is to say that an incorrectly mapped channel can now be remapped to the correct channel map. Here is what initially happened. MB had auto mapped some channels incorrectly using MB guide data provider USA-DITV-DEFAULT. I also mapped a channel incorrectly using the same MB EPG. On some of the auto mapped streams I was able to remap them correctly if I used a channel from the same guide provider USA-DITV-DEFAULT. However, there were some instances wherein the correct mapping should have been from MB guide data provider GBR-1000193-DEFAULT (UK). Unfortunately, MB would not release the original mapping in consideration for the correct GBR mapping. I tried several attempts to get MB to relinquish its lock on the incorrect mapping but no joy.

Finally, I found a way to get MB to unlock its hold to allow me to map the channel correctly. The following steps are what I did to achieve this. Keep in mind that if you have several channels incorrectly mapped you will need to do step 4 for each incorrectly mapped channel. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it did for me.

1. ​Close down MB completely
  2. Make copy of library.db file
  3. Compact library.db file (I don't know if this part was necessary but it did reduce the size of the database by 36%)
  4. Delete the channel stream related to the incorrect mapping in the m3u file.
  5. Delete the guide data provider that contained the incorrect mapping hold (in this case USA-DITV-DEFAULT)
  6. Copy back compacted library.db file
  7. Reload m3u file and restart MB
  8. Check that previously incorrect mapping is gone
  9. Re-map channel to correct mapping program
  10. Done

That sounds like a PITA!

@@Luke any way to make this easier in the Server GUI for LiveTV? Thanks.

ErikaJ

I agree Sammy but for the many different processes I attempted in order to get MB to unlock its hold, and finally getting it to do just that from the step above, I counted my blessings and just moved on. We have a saying in the military, Adapt and Conquer. Cheers...

On thinking this issue out (from post above (#52), is there a database where the channel mapping is stored or even an xml file? Cheers...

There is a live tv xml config file in the server's config folder that holds this.

ErikaJ

Thanks Luke for the information and direction. I have looked all over for something like that but really could not locate it. I will give it a go as something strange happened when I re-introduced USA-DITV-DEFAULT into the setup.

From the steps above, I learned that whatever EPG guide data provider you set first apparently has the upper hand so to say. Case in point: Originally I set up my MB using MB guide data provider USA-DITV-DEFAULT. then there was 1 channel stream (H2) that originated from the UK thus I introduced the GBR guide data. Now H2 use to come from the US but now it doesn't. So when I mapped H2 with the GBR EPG the H2 channel was still indicating USA guide data information and would not release its hold. Then I performed the steps indicated above which apparently forced MB to unlock its hold and I was allowed to map H2 to the proper GBR EPG.

However, when I reintroduced the USA guide data, the H2 channel once again locked itself to the incorrect USA guide data. However this time the EPG in MB was indicating the correct guide information from the GBR guide. Thus validating my statement above, "whatever EPG guide data provider you set first apparently has the upper hand ".

So thanks for the information as I will look into it shortly. Cheers...

ErikaJ

Happy 4th Mates!...Well after looking at the information you gave me Luke, I opened it using NP++ and the mappings therein indicated to me they are an application octet stream probably in 64 bit form but since I didn't go further atm that would be my best guess. I was looking for something exactly like that but readable and decipherable to the human eye. Thanks anyway...Cheers..

samuelqwe

It should still be fairly easy to move a whole lineup above another one within that xml file so its guide mappings are prioritized above the other ones. But yes, deleting or moving individual channel mappings isn’t exactly easy with those encoded IDs.

ErikaJ

Thanks Sam for the feedback. EPG lineup was not the issue thugh. The issue was the mapping and how to correct an incorrect mapping sequence. The only I found that would work was to go through the steps I expressed above. As far as moving the lineup goes, I use NP++ and assign whatever channel number I desire which obviously controls where a particular stream will end up on the EPG. I have full control of my EPG setup. Thanks and cheers mate...

• 3 weeks later...
ErikaJ

Good day...I am having some difficulty in getting Display>Theme>Windows Media Center and the enable backdrops to stay as I have selected them. Everytime I log into MB, I have to reset and enable my choices all over again and they only stay active until the next login. Am I missing something here in some setting? TIA...cheers

The theme option is per device, and in the web app, that means per each browser. Are you testing with the same browser? if so, is browsing data getting cleared?

ErikaJ

Good day Luke...Okay now I understand that it is a per browser setup. Using Edge for most of my admin stuff but will check to make sure I didn't set Edge to delete certain info on exit. Thanks again and sorry for the late response. Cheers...

ErikaJ

Good Day...Just now I can no longer process any channel mapping. When I go to the channel map area and click on any of the TVg providers, I cannot scroll. The next page that comes up is a statice one. So what happened? This btw happened right after 4.3.0.0 was installed. Cheers...

• Like 1

ErikaJ

5d40d8d2abdcb_Nonscroll.png

Good day Luke....It's not that I "feel" I cannot scroll but its a fact that I am stuck as shown above. For whatever reason, MB will not allow me to map channels and only presents me with the page above. I cannot scroll through it as before the update of 4.3.0.0. Cheers

• Like 1

ErikaJ

Is there a way to revert back to the time prior to the update from within Emby? If not, I can try and use a restore point from this morning as I make a restore point every morning. Cheers..

ErikaJ

Good day...I restarted the host server several times and still the issue persists whereas I cannot map any channels. I did notice that it appears the screen which is depicted in post #69 above acts as though it is not fully loaded. There is a separate screen that lies underneath (TV Guide Data Providers screen) which is active (and should not be) because it scrolls instead of the screen that is on top, which should be active but is not. The screen shot below shows you what I mean. Hopefully you can see the second screen underneath.

5d410c8764bd5_Nonscroll2.png

post-312473-0-79890700-1564544098_thumb.png

• Like 1

ErikaJ

Good Day...So the problem was fixed albeit temporarily. I renamed system to system.old2 then renamed the system.old to system. Started up MB to which it was now on 4.2.x.x. Check it out and everything was working perfectly meaning I could once again map channels. Unfortunately, this only lasted a short time (maybe 20 seconds) because MB once again started to install 4.3.0.0. After it was done, I was back at square 1 meaning I could no longer map anything. So obviously there is something corrupted in 4.3.0.0. Is anyone else reporting this issue? I am going to toggle off the auto updates until this get resolved and go back to the system.old settings. I have included the logs in case that may help identify the issue. Thanks and cheers?

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63700143525.txt

embyserver-63700143493.txt

embyserver-63700143477.txt

ErikaJ

Food Day...Update...I disabled the automatic server updates. Other library related updates continued and installed with no adverse effect. So once again by process of elimination, the issue is definitely with 4.3.0.0 server update. I am now on 4.2.0.36 until this gets resolved. Thank you...cheers...

kanipek

Good day...I restarted the host server several times and still the issue persists whereas I cannot map any channels. I did notice that it appears the screen which is depicted in post #69 above acts as though it is not fully loaded. There is a separate screen that lies underneath (TV Guide Data Providers screen) which is active (and should not be) because it scrolls instead of the screen that is on top, which should be active but is not. The screen shot below shows you what I mean. Hopefully you can see the second screen underneath.

5d410c8764bd5_Nonscroll2.png

I am seeing the same behavior here.

ErikaJ

Good Day...Thanks Navy for the confirmation. I thought it was my system since it appears that nobody else has reported this issue. So for the time being I am just going to stick on the 4.2.0.36 version until this gets resolved, hopefully soon. Cheers...