Apple TV Home Screen questions

NorthDegree

NorthDegree

I have a few questions regarding the emby app  when it is placed on the top of the apple HOME SCREEN - see image attached for what I mean when I say apple HOME SCREEN).

1) I am only getting 2 shows under NEXT UP even though I have 5 within the app, is it possible to have more UP NEXT shows appear on the home screen

2) my continue watching shows do not appear on the HOME SCREEN (like the attached image)

3) my emby shows do not update (refresh) on the HOME SCREEN - I need to quit the app and restart.  Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-414534-0-27475300-1559665212_thumb.png

Edited by NorthDegree

Hi, how does 1 and 2 compare to the web app?

He's talking about the device home screen, not the app home screen.

Hi.  We can look at increasing the amount of items we show here.

Thanks.

NorthDegree

He's talking about the device home screen, not the app home screen.

that is correct.

I updated my post with the attachment I was referring to!

And thanks for looking into adding more items!

• 4 weeks later...
Senna

@@Senna -- I believe @@ebr increased the number of items in a recent beta so I think this is all set.

I see now, that it is set to 4-3-8 in beta, instead of 2-1-3 in stable, for Next up, Continue, New, correct ?

For Continue, is it possible to increase that value to 4 ?

Thanks !

I see now, that it is set to 4-3-8 in beta, instead of 2-1-3 in stable, for Next up, Continue, New, correct ?

For Continue, is it possible to increase that value to 4 ?

Thanks !

Sure, but it is actually a little more fluid than that.  What you will actually get is "up to 4", "up to 4", 15 (the max) - however many of the previous ones you had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vdatanet

When is the homescreen updated? To force the update I must restart the application. Maybe some other event should refresh the homescreen. As for example when the application passes background to the foreground.

vdatanet

I've notice that Plex refreshes that info just selecting the App Icon.

corey

@@vdatanet --

The home screen in the tvOS beta was entirely re-written and it should refresh much better than the existing application. I believe you use the beta so if there's a problem with it please let me know.

vdatanet

@@vdatanet --

The home screen in the tvOS beta was entirely re-written and it should refresh much better than the existing application. I believe you use the beta so if there's a problem with it please let me know.

Edit.- @@corey Ignore my previous answer. I answered too fast and I did not understand that you asked me.

No, I'm not using tvOS beta, I'm using tvOS 12.3

Edited by vdatanet

• 4 weeks later...
vdatanet

When is the homescreen updated? To force the update I must restart the application. Maybe some other event should refresh the homescreen. As for example when the application passes background to the foreground.

@@vdatanet --

Edit.- @@corey Ignore my previous answer. I answered too fast and I did not understand that you asked me.

No, I'm not using tvOS beta, I'm using tvOS 12.3 12.4

Any news on this? I have to restart the application to refresh the Apple TV Home Screen

Any news on this? I have to restart the application to refresh the Apple TV Home Screen

In exactly what situation?

The Home screen now updates when needed whenever you navigate to it.

vdatanet

I mean the Apple TV Hom

In exactly what situation?

The Home screen now updates when needed whenever you navigate to it.

I mean the Apple TV Homescreen visible when Emby App is selected on the first row.

This row is only updated when you restart the application

5d49795518bdb_5d47e99a00a41_screen1.png

Other Applications update this row just selecting the application Icon. I also have this issues with the images:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76172-images-shown-on-apple-tv-home-screen-are-different-from-those-shown-on-next-up/

Edited by vdatanet

Ohh.....  Okay - another example of a picture being worth 1000 words.

Both Corey and I thought you were talking about the app home screen.  I know there was this information in the first post, but, when going through old threads, we don't always look back.  our bad.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...