[FR] Add a chapter skip / visual seeking slider with images

FrostByte

FrostByte
17 minutes ago, Eselter said:

"just pick the progressbar and move it like a slider" this would be really nice and usefull feature maybe even more than chapter selection on osd.

The one in the Android TV app is real nice.  It can do both visual seeking using bif files created by the server and chapter skipping for those that like chapters

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on when the chapter skip option will be coming to the samsung tv app? its been about a year of just getting the "Hopefully soon" and "Working on it" replies and its just beginning to look like it will never come, its a big issue for me (not sure about others) its just a huge inconvenience to be limited to just skip forward 30 seconds or back 30 seconds at a time, its extremely time consuming for no reason. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
rbjtech

All - rather than adding a '+1' - like the original post, as that is what counts towards interest.

Thanks.

DJRich82

OMG THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN ASAP! It’s driving me potty fast forwarding 10 seconds at a time!!! My thumb goes numb about 20 minutes in lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech

Hi @Luke - just a 'bump' to see if this is anywhere on the Horizon ?

My son bought a new Samsung TV and was disappointed to find this basic functionality missing on the native app vs the old FireTV Gen 2 stick he was using on his old TV ...

If you need testers (via USB), then please reach out !

Thanks for your continued efforts .. 😃

Edited by rbjtech

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to use Emby after using Plex for a long time - Emby is much more elegant and lean

I would really like to have search for subtitles available to all users and not just premium but the main show stopper right now is a lack of scrolling

Can't imagine using any player these days without being able to jump forward.

It makes whole exercise somewhat dangerous  - what if i reset watch flag on the 2 hours movie and forced to jump 30 seconds at a time to catch up? This is currently discouraging me from using Emby - hopefully you guys will add this soon.

• Like 1

hi Guys,  

Just wanted to ask if the fast forward fast rewind, quick jump feature has implemented already or not, coz by default I can only see 30 secs fast forward only ? 

thanks, Levi

7 hours ago, levtoth said:

hi Guys,  

Just wanted to ask if the fast forward fast rewind, quick jump feature has implemented already or not, coz by default I can only see 30 secs fast forward only ? 

thanks, Levi

Hi there, it will be coming in upcoming updates. thanks.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DarkFireEmby

Let's hope so as this feature has been asked for by a fair few users in this community who own a samsung tv

Not even seen a beta yet to test out this function.. and this thread was created back in June 2019 asking for this

This basic feature that plex has had for years is taking forever to work on the emby app 🤪

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I wonder how long it still takes to finally add the feature of fast foreward on Tizen OS inside the Emby app. WebOS on LG already has this feauture for years now... Its really annoying.
Why cant you just make it like you did it on LG TV's so we can jump on the timeline and select on which minute we will continue / jump to?
You are telling the users in this forum for over a year now that this will come soon - but when is soon? Plex and all the other apps have this feature.. it seems like TizenOS is not worth working on?

Also the shuffle feature - why can't you just make a button which shuffles the movies in a random way? (not just random play a movie of the list).
When you have a big library its really annoying that you always have the same sorting of all of the movies..
I guess this cant be too hard to add.

I hope those two requests get attention of some coders on Emby since those feautures got a lot of requests already in the past.

Edited by flyload

• 2 weeks later...
scotthews

Agree, would like to be able to seek on the Smart TV Apps the same as the Android App which provides better options.  Would be great to see them consistent as I find Emby on the Google TV stick better than on the Samsung TV.

I'd like to make another observation in that I do like Emby and on the whole it feels more focused around your content and making life easier for you against things like Plex where they only seem to be interested in adding other streaming services and not fixing obvious usable issues.  One thing Plex does do better than Emby is that when you are watching a movie, recording etc, you can use the up arrow and set focus on the time slider and then use the left/right arrows to skip through the program.  This is easier than just hitting a 30-sec skip if you want to jump forward a long way through.  The Chapter option in the Android TV Emby App sort of provides this in 5-min chuncks, but this doesn't exist in the Smart TV App and therefore to keep pressing 30-sec skip to jump forward a long way just isn't viable.   Just a thought.....  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any news of atleast fast forward and rewind option cause its really anoying with +-10 sec,is there a way like on youtube app or plex app when you hold for longer time key for forward or rewind to increase rate of rewind gradually...?