[FR] Add a chapter skip / visual seeking slider with images

FrostByte

Dan45

I want the fast forward/rewind too for my Samsung TV. Perhaps we can have a function, that we can do it direct on the slider/progressbar?

• Like 2

astralwiz

Emby for Samsung Tizen Smart TV does support fast forwarding and rewind (each allowed to be custom set from 5 to 30 seconds), but I guess the original poster (and me as well) wants a faster seek method without pressing remote button that many times for long videos. For a movie that is more than three hours, seeking to an interesting scene near the end of movie requires pressing remote button too many times! It would be nice to have a faster way.

As of now, Plex does offer a very fast way to seek near the end of video file - up/down buttons for larger seek and left/right buttons for shorter seek. Something similar for Emby would be super nice and useful. Thanks.

flyload

Is it possible to code Emby for tizen the way it is on android tv and lg?
There you can jump to the timeline of a movie and fast forward to every place during the movie you want.
The 30 sec. jumps on Tizen are really annoying... It is nearly impossible to move 1h forward since it really takes forever to get there..

Thanks in advance

• Like 4

Hi there, yes we plan to improve this in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

VSider

Greetings, 

I've just tried plex and emby servers with my collection, with Samsung K-series Smart TV.

Emby is faster and suits me better, but the only thing I can't figure out is how to fast forward videos? I cant imagine that so advanced software is missing this essential feature :blink:. Is it only available in Premiere version or I miss the way how to do it?

Best regards.

FrostByte

No, it's not even there for Premiere users.  There is already a request to add something like what the ATV app has with Chapter skipping, and a FF/REW button with visual seeking.

You can hold down the right arrow button on the remote, but all that does is a bunch of 30 seconds skips consecutively.

Edited by FrostByte

VSider

Great. Is there any ETA for this feature?

I mean, is it a few weeks away or it's definetly several months / years to be released and not worth waiting?

flyload

I am waiting over half a month for this feature now so I am not sure if its anywhere near the release, since there are no infos around when this feature will launch..

• 3 weeks later...
zeroprobe

Is there any way to say skip 1 hour into a movie without clicking +30seconds lots of times?

Possibly gradual acceleration of seeking when holding right arrow? Or typing numbers for the timestamp?

Edited by zeroprobe

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, zeroprobe said:

Is there any way to say skip 1 hour into a movie without clicking +30seconds lots of times?

Possibly gradual acceleration of seeking when holding right arrow? Or typing numbers for the timestamp?

No, hopefully soon

hedgehog90

The seek functionality is severely lacking.

If I press skip backward/forward 10 seconds on my remote or the ui, I have to wait 10 seconds before I can press it again. It should be more responsive.

Also I should be able to select the playhead and move it left / right with my remote for much quicker seeking.

As it is, I have to rely on chapters or I just can't seek.

I'm running the latest version.

Sammy
On 7/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, zeroprobe said:

This is available now (EDIT: on AndroidTV). (Sorry for the confusion)

Edited by Sammy

Sammy
39 minutes ago, hedgehog90 said:

The seek functionality is severely lacking.

If I press skip backward/forward 10 seconds on my remote or the ui, I have to wait 10 seconds before I can press it again. It should be more responsive.

Also I should be able to select the playhead and move it left / right with my remote for much quicker seeking.

As it is, I have to rely on chapters or I just can't seek.

I'm running the latest version.

Please post your logs and this really should be a separate thread, either under the server section or most likely under the subforum for the device/app you are using.

FrostByte

It was separate, but I merged it as it looked more like a feature request.  I can separate again if needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Banquero

Soy usuario Premiere de Emby y está función no está habilitada...Es algo que debería de estar en la app oficial de Samsung y demás sistemas..Daría un salto de calidad tremenda en experiencia de usuario de Emby...Espero ansioso...Muchas gracias...

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

Hi,

Is a real fast forward or jump planned in the next update?

EG: if i want to start a movie on minute 30 or 40 it is a really hard way to jump 10-30 seconds and i can't just pick the progressbar and move it like a slider.

This seems to be missing actually

Eselter
On 26/08/2020 at 18:22, Painkiller8818 said:

Hi,

Is a real fast forward or jump planned in the next update?

EG: if i want to start a movie on minute 30 or 40 it is a really hard way to jump 10-30 seconds and i can't just pick the progressbar and move it like a slider.

This seems to be missing actually

"just pick the progressbar and move it like a slider" this would be really nice and usefull feature maybe even more than chapter selection on osd.