Emby in WMC never loads

yotoprules

yotoprules

Hey,

I have Windows Media Center installed in Windows 10. I installed emby inside of it. It asked me to approve the pin, I did so, and I pressed Next. Now all I get is a blank screen whenever I try to load up emby inside of media center. Is this a known bug? Thanks in advance

post-465386-0-56738400-1559599552_thumb.png

dansblackcat

I had too many issues trying to get and keep Media centre running on Windows 10.  I just rolled back to W7 in the end.

I'm sure the Devs will try and help but Media centre was never designed to run on W10...

Interesting.  It just stops.

Is there anything in the event viewer?

yotoprules

Interesting.  It just stops.

Is there anything in the event viewer?

Nope, nothing in there

BassTheAncient

Does emc need .net 3.5 or smb v1? What version of win 10 is it?

i would think yea, i get the same issue on w7

• 1 month later...
b3nny8

I'm running into the same symptoms.  Newly installed Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center pack installed.  Initially saw the pin registration the first time I booted up emby for WMC after the install.  Once Pin was entered I get a blue screen.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the emby plugin for WMC several times and no longer get the Pin request screen any longer just a blank blue screen like in the original post.  I've tried the latest stable and latest beta release for the plugin and get the same results.  I've attached my logs.  I tried disabling the Windows Firewall which had no change in behavior.  I can access my Emby server through a web browser on this machine so I suspect something in WMC is preventing the display of the welcome screen when launching emby.

MBClassic-6820196fb0ffbf3dd740b786aecc6175f2e748.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

b3nny8

I would love to try to enter the server address manually but I can't even do that currently.  I got the pin code to show up one time and it will not show up again even after uninstalling/deleting left over program files/program data folders and reinstalling emby for wmc.  Just goes straight to a blank blue screen.  I checked and .net 3.5 is enabled in my windows media features which I had to enable for another WMC application (tunersalad).

b3nny8

No, I've tested on a 1920x1080 monitor and projector.  Tried going from full screen to windowed mode and back.  Same blank screen the entire time.

Unfortunately, I'm still stumped.  My guess is that it is something environmental but I don't know what.  The original report was on Win 10 which throws everything into question for WMC but you said you are on 8.1...?

jachin99

Have you tried different resolutions? The wmc for win 8 and win 10 are the exact same thing. They ripped it out of 8 and put it in 10. Do you have any kind of themes applied to wmc?

jachin99

Also if you look in the media browser programdata folder you should be able to find some of the theme files. Check their properties to make sure none of them are blocked for whatever reason