Seperate audiobooks from musik

paddy75

paddy75

Hello,

is it possible to seperate the adiobooks from the musik? If I add audiobooks, and download them with the IOS-App and look inside the download, they are displayed as Music. As I learnd this is also a problem in Emby for Kodi. On the Emby-Server they are marked as Music and then Emby for Kodi also add this to the Music folder in Kodi. Or maybe it is helpful to exclude them in Kodi Companion? Would be nice to find a solution for this.

Regards,

• Like 5

jskunkle

I think this the same issue I am seeing in the Android app. if I sync an Audiobook and a Music album, they are both downloaded the same "Music" directory.  This is how I am reading paddy75 post.

I'd like to put my request on top of this.  As paddy75 stated, Not only would I'd like Music and Audiobooks to download/sync to different folders, but in general, I'd like to be able to set/override the download directory for each library.  If I create multiple "Music" libraries, I'd like to have the option to download them to different folders. 

Yes it would be the same for android, and it's something that we can improve in the future.  Thanks.

• 3 years later...
FamilyBailey

It is two years since this thread was started but as far as I can tell, the audiobooks still get muddled up with music when downloaded.  Any idea when we can expect them to be treated separately?

6 minutes ago, FamilyBailey said:

It is two years since this thread was started but as far as I can tell, the audiobooks still get muddled up with music when downloaded.  Any idea when we can expect them to be treated separately?

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

CloudWing93

+1 for me.  I was just about to create a new post for better Audiobook downloads. From what I could see there wasn't already a post with that in the title. I would also love it if my downloaded audiobooks was able to sync played state the server.