Android server issues on new Amlogic S922X SoC.

clarkss12

clarkss12

I have acquired a new device that is using the new Amlogic S922X SoC, and trying to get the Emby server running on it.  The device is a Beelink GT-King, with Android 9 (pie) as the OS.

The server installs without issues, but will not even start to play any media.  I have only added one source of media, and that media is DVD rips located on an Synology NAS.  The server WILL scrape and display the cast, and information, but only an occasional thumbnail of the movie.   When trying to play a movie on the Shield using the server running on the KING, it just has a circle going round and round for ever.  When trying to play a movie on my Windows machine, I get the error "No compatible streams are available...." 

post-38990-0-18265000-1559494282_thumb.jpg post-38990-0-24886700-1559494291_thumb.jpg post-38990-0-00518300-1559494308_thumb.jpg 

ffmpeg 1.txt

ffmpeg 2.txt

ffmpeg 3.txt

ffmpeg 4.txt

The server log is 36meg.  Don't know if it will post.

Here is a snipit of the server log.

server log snipit.txt

Edited by clarkss12

Rather than add smb directly to Emby, try instead mounting the smb path to a local path using the tools within the operating system. Then add that local path to Emby.

clarkss12

Thank you, I will give that a try.  I will have to learn how to do that.........

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12

I am struggling on how to mount SMB/CIFS Network Shares on android device.  Unlike Windows or Linux, this is a real pain.  Kodi or some of the file browsers have no issue finding the shared NETWORKED devices under Android, but not so with Emby. 

Is there something Emby can do to make it easier to find the networked shares like Kodi??  

It appears that trying to use my new device as an Emby server is futile..........

clarkss12

I installed that app, and it finds my external shares, but still can't use it with Emby..... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

@@clarkss12 - You need to find out the directory under which the Android app mounts those connected network shares.

This can vary from device to device. On the Nvidia Shield, those are under /storage

What you could try is to enter /mnt into the folder textbox and then press the magnifier icon. From there you might be able to find your mounted shares.

Do not click on "NETWORK" for finding shares that you have mounted at the OS level, these are two different methods.

clarkss12

@@clarkss12 - You need to find out the directory under which the Android app mounts those connected network shares.

This can vary from device to device. On the Nvidia Shield, those are under /storage

What you could try is to enter /mnt into the folder textbox and then press the magnifier icon. From there you might be able to find your mounted shares.

Do not click on "NETWORK" for finding shares that you have mounted at the OS level, these are two different methods.

Thanks for this information.  However, I am not sure that apps that I tested, actually creates mount points.  I would not have any idea what to look for.  I have been doing a lot of reading and testing, but not successful.