8 replies to this topic

#1 JJ P OFFLINE  

JJ P

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Hi all and please bare with me. I am totally out of my realm. 

I have a Samsung ES8000 2012 

I have successfully installed the Emby server on my Smart TV.

It now wants me to run a test.

There is a password box. Whose password do I put in.

1) An Emby test Password? Have no idea what it is

2) My Password for the Emby site and membership.

Have a password but still waiting for keycode. Is the keycode what I am supposed to use for a password?

3) Whatever password I use the popup number box only goes up to letter "I" and the numbers 0-9

I figured how to go from various choices Upper case ,lower case etc, but after reading all the directions as to how to change to the qwerty keyboard it won't pop up.

While I am trying to do this should I still be in DEVELOP mode?

I only wanted Emby installed on the TV in hopes that I could ad more apps. I don't stream etc. This model TV has Samsung only app availability and I was hoping Emby would help me add additional apps. 

If I am way off base here please let me know. I know how to get around a little better than average on a laptop, but I am far from someone who knows how to do stuff like this. I know longer have tech savvy people in my home so I am trying this stuff on my own after doing lots of reading on internet cross referencing etc. 

If there is a better way to add additional apps please let me know that to.

Thank you ever so much,

JJ

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135803 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

Hi there, have you setup your own Emby Server first?

#3 JJ P OFFLINE  

JJ P

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:09 PM

I downloaded the Emny server and that is what the test pop up is referring to. That is as far as I got.

I believe the test is for the Emby server I downloaded. I haven't downloaded anything else from Emby

Thank you for your assistance

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135803 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:11 PM

So you first installed Emby Server onto a computer?

#5 JJ P OFFLINE  

JJ P

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

No I installed it onto my Samsung Smart TV es8000.

Installation was complete

Then they wanted me to test it and it asked for a password.

I don't know what password they want.

But in any case I can't get the Qwerty keypad to pop up to enter either my  Emby or Samsung password.

The only option available to me is the popup that looks like a phone keypad. So I couldn't use my passwords because I couldn't enter it.

That is where I am stuck

All my passwords have upper and lower case have letters past I which is as far as the popup goes, can't switch it to j,k,... popup

So I am assuming the password must not be oe of mine. I hit tools to change to a qwerty but it doesn't respond.

Could this possibly because it is in develop mode. Should I take it out of develop mode when trying to test the server download from Emby

Thanks again

#6 Gilgamesh_48 OFFLINE  

Gilgamesh_48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

For it to be useful Emby must have a server installed on a computer or similar device.

Emby is a client/server system designed to make your media playable on various devices. It sounds like your TV wants to be a client and is looking for a server.

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135803 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Have you checked out our quick start guide?

https://github.com/M...iki/Quick-start

#8 mickle026 OFFLINE  

mickle026

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 AM

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

For it to be useful Emby must have a server installed on a computer or similar device.

Emby is a client/server system designed to make your media playable on various devices. It sounds like your TV wants to be a client and is looking for a server.

Exactly my thoughts too.    -  unless there is a server version for the samsung tv ??? - I thought the servers were just Windows, NAS, Linux, Docker, FreeBSD and Shield (maybe some other Android boxes if you are able to use the version that's not the EmbyTV version.  I believe some people have it running on a Raspberry Pi too

I believe your TV is asking for the address and password for the server you want it to connect to.  You must have a server running the server software for the tv to use as the "Source" of your media.

• FrostByte likes this

#9 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 4210 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

Once you set up a server you can come on over to the Samsung area if you want and I'm sure someone there can help getting your password/PIN entered.  Samsung made it really hard to enter passwords on older Orsay SmartTVs depending on which remote you have.  It can really be a pita to change from upper case, to lower, etc  In fact it's almost easier to connect a usb keyboard.  However, once you're done you shouldn't have to ever enter it again

Anyhow, like others mentioned you should set up your server first which is where you will set up your userid/pw

Edited by FrostByte, 02 June 2019 - 04:52 PM.

• CBers likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Newie, learning, password

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users