Emby app for F and H serie

zeratul75

zeratul75

Hello all

I am writing from Italy.

I installed the server on a Synology nas and want to stream movies from two tv's, a 2013 F serie and a 2014 H serie.

For the H serie, basically everything went fine. Installed version 2.2.4 from develop account method and It is pretty fine.

The problems are on the F serie.

First, tryed the same method, but I stuck with an error, this one. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19075-app-install-security-problem/

Tryed everything, including going back to first tv firmware, but the problem remained. So, returned back to the latest firmware.

Tryed to set up my own sever and upload from it. Same result.

Reset smart hub and change its region, to USA , so that I could find the app in the Samsung store.

I would like to have avoided this, because in this way I obviously lost the original apps, but really no way to pass that security problem.....

Anyway, the app from official samsung smart hub it is different from the one I have in the H serie, and I understood it is because this one is a thirdy part app. 

In the F serie I have emby theater version 0.522. In this case the app is not make a good job and have several issues.

First, as soon as I move into different libraries, pictures are "coming and going". It seems that it cannot load whatIt should do in the correct way.

Second, when I start playing movies I can go forward and rewind, but no way to see the time bar, no way to know where I am.

So that is the complete situation.

The perfect goal would be to be able to put 2.2.4 version in the F series as well, so that I can be more confortable by using the same interface. Anyone of you have a possibile solution to bypass that security stop?

And, in case It is not possible at all, any idea on how to fix those issues in the official samsung emby theater?

Thanks a lot, emby is very good!!!! But I cannot change the tv for it :)

Edited by zeratul75

FrostByte

Yes, I believe so.  I have a 2013 F8000 Orsay and the official app just doesn't look right on it without my evolution kit.  When I put on my EvoKit (which basically makes it a 2014 H-series SmartHub TV) then it looks fine.  I believe it was mentioned that it has something to do with 2013 not supporting css flex (or something like that)

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...