Remote Users

forest ames
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

forest ames

I have my Emby server up and running with movies ect.. I am ready to start sharing with family and friends but when I go to add someone I get this message.. "There was an error adding Emby connect account. Have you created an Emby account" Yes I have made one and it still will not let me past this point.. 

I am able to view my movies anywhere while I am on my Network... Need Help :(

Thank you in Advance

Hi.  First, have you connected your admin account to Connect already?  Next, be sure your firewall isn't blocking the server's access out to the internet (specifically connect.emby.media).

Can you please post your server log from when you receive the above message.

How to Report a Problem

forest ames

I followed the link that popped up and yes I made an account there.. I had started an Emby Server last month and my Hard Drive failed. Bought a new one and made a new account because I could not find the other one.. I have included my log file..

Thank you

Log.txt

Edited by forest ames

forest ames

Yes he is my sin inlaw, I was trying to add him as a user.. Oh Lordy I got this wrong too I guess :(  I am new to this and just trying to get some good movies for my family to watch. I am retired and new to Servers... So how do I add the users?

forest ames

They are able to get into my Server now, they can see the movies but not access them. I am running Win 10 Pro, I have Malwarebytes and AVG running.... I am thinking something is blocking it... Idea's please?

forest ames

Can you please answer this? thanks.

I fixed it... Windows Firewall was blocking users from getting into certain area's.. Thank you for your help everyone!! Guess an old dog like me can be taught new tricks :)

• 11 months later...
Painkiller8818

Hi,

I also have a Question and don't want to open a new thread for the same thing.

In the Wiki there is a way to invite Users. This changed becaus i need to add the user to my server AND i can optionally link the user.

But just adding a remote user without creating a local user isn't possible anymore like in the wiki?

This means every friend i invite or wanna give access, i need to add as a local user and link him?

I am new, so i don't know how it was before.

Thanks

Hi.  You need to add each person as a user in your server but you don't have to use Emby Connect if you don't wish to.  You could just give them your server address and their userID/pw.

But just adding a remote user without creating a local user isn't possible anymore like in the wiki?

Hi.  Where do you see this?  Our current KB article has the proper procedure (create Emby Account then link to local user).