Emby For Kodi Music Playback Issues

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

Using latest Emby server (4.1.1.0) on Windows 10 with latest emby for kodi plugin beta (4.0.26a)

I'm having 2 seperate issues related to music playback:

1) Clicking on a song within an album from the Emby web interface casting to Kodi plays the first song in the album rather than the clicked song, to play the actual song intended I have to click on the more button on the song then click play. I think this issue is probably a server problem than a plugin problem though.

2) clicking instant mix on a song (or album or any other level) from the emby web interface casting to Kodi only sends the first song to Kodi and not the entire generated playlist, which means once the first song finishes playing it just stops, however in the emby server it shows the full playlist generated. This one is likely a plugin issue?

I have attached the emby logs for both problems and screenshots of what i mean.

PlaySongFromAlbum.txt

InstantMix.txt

post-3832-0-01070800-1559390797_thumb.png

post-3832-0-05014500-1559390809_thumb.png

post-3832-0-42078100-1559390820_thumb.png

QDivision

Just to add, it's not just the instant mix that causes the playlist not to be passed to Kodi, it's playing any list i.e. playing an album/artist or a premade playlist.

• 2 weeks later...
QDivision

Hi,

Installed the latest beta but it doesn't appear to be fixed. Playing a playlist or starting an instant mix (from the web or app casting to Kodi) still only sends the first song and there is no skip button in Kodi to play the next song, if I press skip within the app/web then Kodi says 'can't find the next item to play'

I'm on the latest emby server release rather than beta, is this a problem with that as well?

Angelblue05

Hi,

Installed the latest beta but it doesn't appear to be fixed. Playing a playlist or starting an instant mix (from the web or app casting to Kodi) still only sends the first song and there is no skip button in Kodi to play the next song, if I press skip within the app/web then Kodi says 'can't find the next item to play'

I'm on the latest emby server release rather than beta, is this a problem with that as well?

No. Please provide a new kodi log because it’s working here. Have you received a patch when you installed 4.0.28? If you go to the add-on settings > advanced, the patch should be 171076055 (krypton), 181167241 (leia)

It was adding the first item to the video playlist and the rest to the music playlist. It was the same issue for both cases. It'd start playing using the video playlist and obviously stop after the first song.

Edited by Angelblue05

QDivision

After a Kodi restart it seems to be working now - the sending the full playlist issue (maybe the patch applied after I tested it)

However Kodi/Emby is doing something really weird when you click to play on a single song from an album (either clicking on the song directly or using the 3 dot menu and clicking play - through the web app and casting to Kodi) - if you click on the song directly it plays the first song in the album, if you click on the 3 dot menu and play it plays the correct song....however now if you press skip on Kodi it plays either a song from the album or a completely random song if you press skip enough times and that doesn't match up with what Emby thinks is playing  :huh: hope this makes sense if not I can make a video if you can't recreate.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes I see that, I will correct this. The playlist is not cleared when it should be and so it doesn't match what the add-on expects to play. And it doesn't seem to play the correct position in the playlist. Good catch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...