StackOverflowException preventing emby from starting

luisnrkl
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

luisnrkl

Hi,

I recently installed Emby server, and have been having some issues.

I seems to have something to do with the library manager, since the last time it happened was when i tried to rescan my folders.

I will get an error on systemctl and emby will no longer start.

Jun 01 10:15:22 odroid emby-server[31180]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelsEntryPoint. Duration: 0.00
Jun 01 10:15:22 odroid emby-server[31180]: Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.Activity.ActivityLogEntryPoint
Jun 01 10:15:22 odroid emby-server[31180]: Process is terminating due to StackOverflowException.
Jun 01 10:15:22 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
Jun 01 10:15:22 odroid systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

On embyserver.txt these are the last logs i get:

2019-06-01 10:15:22.696 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake
2019-06-01 10:15:22.698 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake. Duration: 0.0024748 seconds
2019-06-01 10:15:22.699 Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier
2019-06-01 10:15:22.708 Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier. Duration: 0.0093279 seconds

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thanks

Hi, this is strange. Can you try the beta package and see how that compares? Thanks.

luisnrkl

Hi,

I installed version emby-server-deb_4.2.0.11_arm64 but still the same problem.

This time it happened right after inital setup where emby is searching my library.

I attached both logs again, maybe there is something that i'm missing.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

journalctl.txt

mastrmind11

you might also try the docker version to isolate the install from anything that might be funky w/ your os.

luisnrkl

Just installed docker and the emby arm64v8 image.

Making a restart after emby setup, caused the same problem..

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup. Duration: 1.2411825 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0043241 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake. Duration: 0.0014229 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier. Duration: 0.0096298 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.ServerEventNotifier
Process is terminating due to StackOverflowException.
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Docker keeps trying to restart the container, but the error is always the same.

Just installed docker and the emby arm64v8 image.

Making a restart after emby setup, caused the same problem..

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup. Duration: 1.2411825 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0043241 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake. Duration: 0.0014229 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier. Duration: 0.0096298 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.ServerEventNotifier
Process is terminating due to StackOverflowException.
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Docker keeps trying to restart the container, but the error is always the same.

Did you setup any emby libraries?

luisnrkl

No. The only thing i did was add my Movies and TV Shows folders

Edited by luisnrkl

So you did setup an Emby library. Would you mind trying a fresh installation again, this time not setting up any libraries? thanks.

luisnrkl

Sorry. I thought you meant plugins.

Tried again without setting any folder and it seems to work fine.

Tried to add another folder i have for other content and it gave the same problem so it doesn't seem to be specific to some files.

i'm using an odroid N2 with https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/os_images/ubuntu/20190329 so maybe the problem is specific with this image.

Thanks

• Solution

Ok, can you please try again, only this time, when setting up emby libraries, please make sure to disable the realtime monitor for all new libraries that you create. This is in the advanced settings of the new library dialog.

In one of your server logs, the realtime monitor was the last thing mentioned in the log so this gave me a hunch that it is related. Thanks.

• Like 1

luisnrkl

Thanks!!!

That solved it. With this option disabled it just means that i will have to manually refresh my libraries correct?

Correct. I would suggest scheduling your library scan for a couple times a day and you probably won't notice much difference.

• 6 months later...
originaldoc

Hi Luke,

I disabled the realtime monitor in the library advanced options as suggested by you and I have no problems so far. I hope this is a final solution, isn't it?

Thanks!