Live TV plays but fails

mhaider60

I have also tried disabling HW accel but the problem still happens for me  :(  

In your original log we are remuxing the original mpeg2 video when I think in fact it should be doing a full transcode on the server. It is very possible that this will end up being the fix. Thanks.

• Like 1

osealion

I tried re-enabling it to see, still having the same issue.

Only happens once. Once I restart the playback (of the same channel, immediatly following it stopping), it works without interruption.

bizarro252

I believe that the Roku App also needs an update to get this fix to work, Speechles added it to the list but I have not seen a new Roku Beta drop yet.  Updating Beta server now and will also see if anything changed.

I believe that the Roku App also needs an update to get this fix to work, Speechles added it to the list but I have not seen a new Roku Beta drop yet.  Updating Beta server now and will also see if anything changed.

it wasn't actually a fix. It just stops trying to recover from liveTv. Then you can restart on your own without it hang. That was my fix. Eric still wants to try recovery as it works for some and taking it away point blank is uncool. So we eventually may need an option for liveTv to force transcoding. We are still in discussion of this part. My fix is there in case we cannot recover at all and all is lost we can always add the "bail and fail gracefully" to liveTv. It is a busy time and active lives. It hasn't been forgotten there just needs to be time set aside to review all this. We will eventually make that time.

I am in the middle of other Roku changes to hopefully speed up loading of things, speed up the app overall, and make your images appear aspect ratio perfect (hint: they aren't right now but you don't know). It is so close to aspect ratio, but it isn't exact.. is that close enough? Is it?? I have to get with the team on this too and see what we do for these things. We want conserve memory on low RAM Roku and part of that is these changes I am neck deep in. These changes will benefit all Roku devices.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1