#41 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

170 went out yesterday.

@mhaider60 what firmware is your device running?

Both of my Roku's are on FW 9.  I'm seeing the same as @speechles mentioned in #39

#42 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

@mhaider60 Thank you for all the help spotting issues. We do take these seriously. These will be addressed. It is a busy time with school being out and children. Family usually have vacations and family time during this period. @ebr is no different. This may slow down releases during this time but it does not mean your problems have any less value for us. Please bear with us. We do appreciate your posts and your feedback. We do our best with the time we have. Thanks for the help.

I understand completely, there is life beyond work.  :) It's refreshing to actually get a response from you and your team when a question is posted in the forums, that's something your competition is completely lacking in. Thank you for your efforts!

#43 speechles ONLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4616 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

I understand completely, there is life beyond work.  :) It's refreshing to actually get a response from you and your team when a question is posted in the forums, that's something your competition is completely lacking in. Thank you for your efforts!

That is unfortunately how they treat their userbase. They are moving to becoming monetized by commercial endeavors. They have a 10 million dollar loan against them they must repay or give up certain control of their company. Maybe this is that loss of control of their company. They are now being forced to tie into other services to gain a repayment schedule to repay the debt. I do know that much. They gave up control of their company when they decided to take stock offerings for control of their board. So now they have a board of directors that controls their direction and they want remuneration. So not only do you have employees, and etc, but you have loans and stock that must be remunerated. It is harder for them on the forums to have any control. It is rare their developers want to post for fear of bad mouths going off on them and just fanning those flames.

Here we are always up front. I try to keep everybody in the loop if they ask. I will flood you with more information than you would hope to get elsewhere. I do this on purpose to make that difference. We actually care about you as the person you are. We are human. We reach out to users having issues and actively work with them to resolve issues. The difference isn't just that. We are more in tune with what our usebase wants. You want your media your way. We understand that. It is our goal to go there. No brakes. I am outspoken on my desire to make the Roku app better. The Blue Neon Night app was my love for Emby expressed in app form. Now we work together to achieve that same goal. 

We will always respond to posts and keep it real. No lies. The last honest media server.

@Luke and @ebr are tireless in their dedication. They bleed Emby green. I am happy to work with them.

Edited by speechles, 19 June 2019 - 03:39 PM.

#44 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

Thought I'd let you know I still can't update the Roku beta past 3.0.168. I probably need to be more patient.  ;)

#45 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45293 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Thought I'd let you know I still can't update the Roku beta past 3.0.168. I probably need to be more patient.  ;)

No, there is some sort of problem but, unfortunately, Roku support will not help us with it because this is an uncertified channel :|

#46 justpushplay OFFLINE  

justpushplay

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

I too have this issue but mostly because my liveTV signal is just horrible. I will dig into the problem.

My OTA signal suffers greatly from multipath, and the HD Homerun Quatro is far better than my Tivo Roamio OTA at dealing with it. However sometimes Emby gets pissed off and pulls the car over until things settle down:-) I can hardly blame Emby, mine is really a worst case scenario.

#47 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

I received the 172 beta on my Roku Premiere + but the live TV issue is still there. Was this latest beta supposed to address this issue or is it still in the works? 

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131280 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

Apologies for the delay. We are still looking into this, thanks.

#49 speechles ONLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4616 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

I received the 172 beta on my Roku Premiere + but the live TV issue is still there. Was this latest beta supposed to address this issue or is it still in the works? 

I think we finally hit the nail on the head what was causing your issue. We solved 2 other issues unrelated to this one but totally related to LiveTV. Your problem is the third and we just solved that one a few moments ago. We should have all the LiveTV issues finally cleaned up. After the next Beta we can readdress any issues still there at that time. Pretty sure this last fix solves that problem.

Reference: Fix #498: [LIVE TV] *Fix stuck video player* Timeout = DNR

• justpushplay likes this

#50 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:10 PM

I think we finally hit the nail on the head what was causing your issue. We solved 2 other issues unrelated to this one but totally related to LiveTV. Your problem is the third and we just solved that one a few moments ago. We should have all the LiveTV issues finally cleaned up. After the next Beta we can readdress any issues still there at that time. Pretty sure this last fix solves that problem.

Reference: Fix #498: [LIVE TV] *Fix stuck video player* Timeout = DNR

That's great news! I can't wait to try it  :)

#51 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

I just tried beta 174 on both my Premiere + and series 3, unfortunately the problem still exists, seems to fail sooner now too. Would log files help?

#52 speechles ONLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4616 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:38 PM

I just tried beta 174 on both my Premiere + and series 3, unfortunately the problem still exists, seems to fail sooner now too. Would log files help?

Yes. Log files or ffmpeg or both of any failed sessions.

We found and fixed 3 issues directly related to LiveTV. One was when the stream url was invalid it would attempt to recover. Now it fails gracefully. The second was in regards to not recovering when the error was no playlist given or the stream contained any DRM. The third now is to fail also when the stream Times Out regardless if this is LiveTV or Video on Demand. Either way. Normal playback on a Roku it sees as Video-On-Demand.

Is this stuck on "Retrieving" or does it say "Loading" there is a difference. When you say "still exists the problem" you mean the Video Player hangs, correct? Making sure I am not crossing wires here. Trying to do many things at once. We may also ask for access to your server to experience the issue ourselves. Both me/Shawn (@speechles) and Eric (@ebr) would be quite interested to get an invite to your server. We would also need steps to reproduce your issue if this is fully reproduceable. We just need access to your server and the steps to replicate. Thanks.

Edited by speechles, 25 June 2019 - 10:39 PM.

#53 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

The problem is it gets stuck on "Retrieving" and the video player hangs. 

What username/email should I send a server invite to?

I attached 2 ffmpeg files, I tried 2 channels this morning, one OTA one cablecard, I'm guessing these 2 files were for those events.

Thanks!

Mark

Attached Files

Edited by mhaider60, 26 June 2019 - 10:21 AM.

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131280 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, we're still looking into this.

#55 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

Great! Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

#56 speechles ONLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 4616 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

It has to be something in ffmpeg. It is not just copying both streams. If it were I would say it could be the application on roku. SInce audio is being converted it changes things. When the stream goes kaput(OTA drops out) and ffmpeg is encoding audio like this it should cleanly break. Something is keeping the Roku player waiting for data. Emby isn't aware. Ffmpeg has stopped sending back data to the Roku and it puts the player into a broken state. Once in the broken state and it attempts to recover you experience the hang. The only error we allow fallback through on liveTV is the -3 unknown. Since we don't know what caused that error we attempt to fully transcode to resolve it. Maybe with liveTV we should also bail on -3 as well. Might make that change.

Reference: Fix #501: [LiveTV] Bail on any error with LiveTV 

Edited by speechles, 29 June 2019 - 07:32 PM.

#57 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

Any progress with this?

#58 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131280 posts

Posted Today, 01:04 AM

If you're willing to try the beta server, it's possible there will be a difference when using that.

#59 mhaider60 OFFLINE  

mhaider60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

If you're willing to try the beta server, it's possible there will be a difference when using that.

I've been using the beta server for quite a few versions.

Thanks for the suggestion tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users