Shaefurr's Disparity Icons

shaefurr

shaefurr

lol I know right, at least photoshop is forgiving since it doesnt matter how you get there as long as the end result looks ok. That is if you're not too drunk to see it :P

• Like 2

shaefurr

Worked on a few of the genre backdrops.

53b246e4684a0_3D.jpg

53b2435a463d1_ActionAdventure.jpg

53b2437324213_Action.jpg

53b24383b094c_Adventure.jpg

53b243a189633_SwordSorcery.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

aspdend

Utterly Awesome - I am currently in the process of using Disparity for my Icons - any chance you can do the sport icon and instead of a football, use a rugby ball (or similar image that is blatantly a rugby ball/scene?

• Like 1

shaefurr

Utterly Awesome - I am currently in the process of using Disparity for my Icons - any chance you can do the sport icon and instead of a football, use a rugby ball (or similar image that is blatantly a rugby ball/scene?

Sure thing ill do one tomorrow

• Like 1

aspdend

Sure thing ill do one tomorrow

Superb!

Do you know what theme brings out the best of the icons?

shaefurr

I dunno I use MBT, maybe someone else has input for MBC.

Cheesegeezer

Superb!

All MBC themes will use the icons that are in your imagesbyname folder, MBT will do the same, ROKU, iOS, etc.  If you upload them using the web dashboard then it will keep your media nice and tidy.

sfnetwork

I'm not sure if I'm the only one loving those but you should do more combined like you did for me (thanks for that BTW)

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

shaefurr

I'm not sure if I'm the only one loving those but you should do more combined like you did for me (thanks for that BTW)

Ya I plan to do more of those after I get more done. :)

aspdend

All MBC themes will use the icons that are in your imagesbyname folder, MBT will do the same, ROKU, iOS, etc.  If you upload them using the web dashboard then it will keep your media nice and tidy.

I don't use MBT as it is not 'pretty enough' for a high WAF as yet so we use MBC. I normally use the ROC theme - but with the issues on Lee's themes, we have been using Neo. The trouble with themes like Neo or ROC is that the excellent Icons that Shaefurr is producing are reduced to a very small image in the corner of the EHS and I want them more prominent - I was wondering if anyone who had been using these icons would be able to say "use xxx theme - it looks fabulous with these icons..."

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I don't use MBT as it is not 'pretty enough' for a high WAF as yet so we use MBC. I normally use the ROC theme - but with the issues on Lee's themes, we have been using Neo. The trouble with themes like Neo or ROC is that the excellent Icons that Shaefurr is producing are reduced to a very small image in the corner of the EHS and I want them more prominent - I was wondering if anyone who had been using these icons would be able to say "use xxx theme - it looks fabulous with these icons..."

So, do you browse mostly by genre?

Give subdued or even Xenon a try (i need to upload Xenon to the Catalogue but you can get a side load copy from the plugins section)

Subdued allows you to select thumbs, logo, or clear art for display. Xenon prefers Thumbs over everything with posters being the last choice.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

A proper mans game is rugby! Played it upto to the age of 24 from 8 until some idiot broke my back with an illegal tackle. Ended my career.

• Like 1

bloodtaker

Superb!

chocolate or xenon work great with these xenon looks like these were meant for it the most though imo.

• Like 1

aspdend

A proper mans game is rugby! Played it upto to the age of 24 from 8 until some idiot broke my back with an illegal tackle. Ended my career.

It is, I played it until about 19/20 when my knees finally went - Finally Popped the third of four collateral ligaments in my knees and that was definitely enough!

• Like 1

aspdend

So, do you browse mostly by genre?

Give subdued or even Xenon a try (i need to upload Xenon to the Catalogue but you can get a side load copy from the plugins section)

Subdued allows you to select thumbs, logo, or clear art for display. Xenon prefers Thumbs over everything with posters being the last choice.

No - I normally only look at movies by genre when we can't decide on a recent film to watch...

Please upload xenon - that will make life easier. 

I will give both xenon and subdued a try and see if they fit the bill for the mrs!

I do like the look of xenon - but was waiting for beta stability before trying it out!

• Like 1

aspdend

chocolate or xenon work great with these xenon looks like these were meant for it the most though imo.

Thanks - will definitely have to try this then!

Cheesegeezer

I do like the look of xenon - but was waiting for beta stability before trying it out!

Its very stable, fast and just about there, people using it say its ready for beta, so i'm happy with that.

I'll upload in a bit.

What Position did you play? I was on the flanks No.6 or 7

• Like 1

aspdend

Its very stable, fast and just about there, people using it say its ready for beta, so i'm happy with that.

I'll upload in a bit.

What Position did you play? I was on the flanks No.6 or 7

Prop for me - mainly Tight, but sometimes Loose - big shoulders and strong legs! (Plus can't catch/run very fast!)...Lawrence Dallaglio said it best in his book - what do you call those blokes that hang around rugby players? Backs!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Prop for me - mainly Tight, but sometimes Loose - big shoulders and strong legs! (Plus can't catch/run very fast!)...Lawrence Dallaglio said it best in his book - what do you call those blokes that hang around rugby players? Backs!

Haha quality!! Yup the 3's. Dont envy your position at all i played hooker for a couple of years when i was much younger and was privy to the amount of work you guys put up with and dish ;)

• Like 1

aspdend

Haha quality!! Yup the 3's. Dont envy your position at all i played hooker for a couple of years when i was much younger and was privy to the amount of work you guys put up with and dish ;)

I have had my nose broken about 12 times - mainly through punches and knees in the scrum!

Sorry Shaefurr - didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Keep up the outstanding work on the images - When I get a chance I will have to see if I have any genres/icons I would like to see provided (other than the rugby image) 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Sorry Shaefurr - didn't mean to hijack your thread

Ditto! Apologies ;)

buddyweiser

@@shaefurr I just downloaded these and updated my server with them. I'm loving them! My request however, is a "Games" icon. I am not really a fan of the keyboard or controller, I was wondering if you would do one with possibly a collection of controllers? For example the pic would contain a 360 controller, ps3, NES, SNES, Genesis etc, which ever ones you think would look best? That would be awesome!

shaefurr

@@shaefurr I just downloaded these and updated my server with them. I'm loving them! My request however, is a "Games" icon. I am not really a fan of the keyboard or controller, I was wondering if you would do one with possibly a collection of controllers? For example the pic would contain a 360 controller, ps3, NES, SNES, Genesis etc, which ever ones you think would look best? That would be awesome!

Yep ill come up with something